MY GRADE SUCK,,,PLease help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anhxduy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused:

My first year of taking all the pre-pharm courses were pretty horrible, i mean my GPA for the first year was like a 2.0 and the classes such as Comp and the Math were all in the C's range...but now going on my 3rd and final year i manage to booste my GPA to a 3.4 and with two more semester to go,,, am pretty sure i can raise it to a 3.6 or so... is the grade from the first year going to effect my enrollment percentage...and one more thing, if i retake some of the classes i got C's in, is that going to make any differents in the way that they are going to look at my transcript ???

Members don't see this ad.

If your GPA is 3.4, and you do well on the PCAT, I'm sure you'll be fine. Retaking classes will result in the average between the grades of the old class and the newly retake class. Hope that helps. :)

Don't worry with a 3.4-3.6 your still in contention of getting an interview if you perform well on PCAT. Unlike me I feel as if i have no hope, I started my 1st year in college as a CSE major and decided to change it to Pharmacy. It has been a struggle through out the entire time trying to get good grades. Im on my last semester of prerequisites for Pharmacy school here in TX and I still dont want to apply and take PCAT yet because of my grades. :(

The average GPA of my entering PharmD class was 3.5...so you sound right in the range! Don't worry too much...just do your best and make sure all aspects of your application...not just grades...are there.