My List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gikthechamp

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please comment on my current list of schools. I'm looking to add ~5 more schools, any suggestions? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Creighton and St Louis University...

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you'll be pretty lucky to get in anywhere with your GPA. Choose a few more schools with relatively generous OOS ratios and "low" GPA/MCAT averages to apply to.

Which Tulane SMP did you do? If it was the ACP, you're in REALLY good shape there. I think they also strongly prefer students from their other SMP's, too, though.

Good luck!

Well...I just looked a little more closely at your MDApps...I now see you did do an SMP already, but you only got a 3.3...I think you need to post in the SMP forum and ask people there about your chances...

But here goes: you need to apply to as many low tier / unranked schools as you can find, because your SMP is subpar, on top of below average UG grades. I can't believe you will get any love from any of the higher ranked and more competitive schools on your list - hate to say it, but I think those are a total waste of $ and time for you.

Do you have any inroads to Tulane Med school - a formal or informal linkage of any sort? I would camp on their doorstep if I was in your situation...

Best of luck.

Which Tulane SMP did you do? If it was the ACP, you're in REALLY good shape there. I think they also strongly prefer students from their other SMP's, too, though.

I did the Tulane CMB SMP, which I found out generally gets more love from LSU than Tulane...

Do you have any inroads to Tulane Med school - a formal or informal linkage of any sort? I would camp on their doorstep if I was in your situation...

Best of luck.

The director of my SMP program graduated from Tulane undergrad and is buddies with the dean of admissions for the med school... problem is that there are so many other SMPs at Tulane... in fact Dean Beckman has her own SMP so it might be tough for me to get in there.