MY MCAT Prep Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PinknGreenMD

Applying to Med School
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just went to the mail box and got the last of my MCAT prep materials. Now that I am finished collecting all my materials to take the MCAT, I am not going to waste any time letting these books collect dust. I start studying.... TOMORROW :) Take a look at what I will be studying. Hopefully I can get in the 40+ range :D

thegoldstandard.jpg

Books a Million on sale (30.00)

mcatbooks.jpg

Purchased from ebay (230.00)

tbr.jpg

Purchased directly from the Berkley Review

92671860.jpg

Books a Million (10.00 - 20.00 each)

crackingthemcat.jpg

Barnes and Noble sale (89.00)

crackingtheap.jpg

Books a Million (I also got the AP Biology as well)
:love::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, you're not going to get through all of that.

I do have to say that you did make a good call on that AP Physics book. The physics questions on the real thing are ridiculously similar to the questions from the AP book. It almost seems like the same people wrote them. I used AP Physics/Chem books briefly during my MCAT prep.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, you're not going to get through all of that.

I do have to say that you did make a good call on that AP Physics book. The physics questions on the real thing are ridiculously similar to the questions from the AP book. It almost seems like the same people wrote them. I used AP Physics/Chem books briefly during my MCAT prep.
Are AP Physics/Chem books based on passages or...? I didn't know any courses resembled the MCAT way of asking question.

Is the practice offered good enough to be worth it for me in Canada to order these books from the US?

Are AP Physics/Chem books based on passages or...? I didn't know any courses resembled the MCAT way of asking question.

Is the practice offered good enough to be worth it for me in Canada to order these books from the US?

They have stand-alone questions but they're great for solidifying the concepts. Much better than EK 1001 imo. I wouldn't use them as a primary review source, but they're great as extra practice material.

Last edited:
Far too many books, some of which aren't even worth the money.

Edit: Though I'm betting you've already bought them, you should pick up all of the AAMC CBTs.

Last edited:
Why would you get Cracking the MCAT by PR if you already bought the more in-depth hyperlearning set?

This really is a lot of stuff. The Science PR workbook has like 1000 pages of passage type questions along with the VR workbook and 101 passages should be more than enough.

I gotta say though, buying BR is really smart because if you don't write in them, you can resell for a really high price (incurring maybe a 50 dollar loss max).

btw, unless youre studying for a year, doubt you will get through all of these 100%, esp. the 1001 questions...

Far too many books, some of which aren't even worth the money.

Edit: Though I'm betting you've already bought them, you should pick up all of the AAMC CBTs.

Got that too :D .. Just forgot to mention it. And also i get bored really quick but i do retain alot when i do focus. When i study i always go from book to book and i never go in the chapter orders. I just dont retain that way. Ive always been like that in school. In the end, i always end up tutoring others in my class and answering all the questions during class lecture when nobody else raises their hand or dont know the answer. Im not an over achiever at all, I just retain what i read quickly but can only do so by skipping around. :(

In the end, i always end up tutoring others in my class and answering all the questions during class lecture when nobody else raises their hand or dont know the answer. Im not an over achiever at all, I just retain what i read quickly but can only do so by skipping around. :(

I feel like this part is kind of a contradiction, lol.

Yes, this is a LOT of material. However, you will see that TBR will be your best friend! lol At least for Physics, Gen chem, and Orgo.lol Hey does any know if the TPR hyperlearning Verbal Workbook 2006 version any good? I can get off a friend for free, just want to know if itll be worth it...

You're better off sticking to TBR and TPR and jumping around between similar chapters of those books and doing EK practice problems in the beginning when you're getting bored.

Honestly, if you were to go through all of those books, I think it would take atleast a year...