Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello there, this is a little long but please voice your opinion
I am currently scheduled to take the MCAT on 8/23/2012, so 20 days from today. I have taken 3 kaplan practice exams and 1 aamc with scores:
AAMC #3) 22 (7-7-8)
Kaplan #2) 27 (8-8-11)
Kaplan #3) 25 (10-7-8)
Kaplan #4) 25 (8-7-10)
I am not fully through content review yet (I've only been studying for about 3-4 weeks), and its shown by some very weak spots on each of these exams. I am also struggling to get my verbal score above a 7 and its quite frustrating.
I had originally planned on applying this cycle and taking the MCAT in May, but I came down with mono in April and had to push back my MCAT a couple months. Therefore, I am not applying this cycle and will be applying next June. I have a 3.91 GPA and would like to score above a 30 overall on this exam in order to give me the best possible chance of acceptance into an MD school. I believe that there are two possible options: study extremely hard these next 3 weeks and take the exam the 23rd or cancel and reschedule for sometime in January.
Since I've already rescheduled before, I'm hesitant to do so again and would like to just get this beast over with. I also think, however, that pushing my exam back till January would give me ample time to devote to improving my VR score and finishing the content review efficiently. One downside in pushing it back is that I will also be taking classes as I study for the MCAT, but right now I'm only taking one course and have lots of free time. If I did decide to push it back to January, I would take a Humanities class this Fall to potentially improve my VR and would effectively finish the content review instead of cramming it into a short period of time. I really would like to get this over with, but on the other hand I want to do the best I possibly can. Therefore I'm looking for some advice:
Take it or Reschedule and why????
I am currently scheduled to take the MCAT on 8/23/2012, so 20 days from today. I have taken 3 kaplan practice exams and 1 aamc with scores:
AAMC #3) 22 (7-7-8)
Kaplan #2) 27 (8-8-11)
Kaplan #3) 25 (10-7-8)
Kaplan #4) 25 (8-7-10)
I am not fully through content review yet (I've only been studying for about 3-4 weeks), and its shown by some very weak spots on each of these exams. I am also struggling to get my verbal score above a 7 and its quite frustrating.
I had originally planned on applying this cycle and taking the MCAT in May, but I came down with mono in April and had to push back my MCAT a couple months. Therefore, I am not applying this cycle and will be applying next June. I have a 3.91 GPA and would like to score above a 30 overall on this exam in order to give me the best possible chance of acceptance into an MD school. I believe that there are two possible options: study extremely hard these next 3 weeks and take the exam the 23rd or cancel and reschedule for sometime in January.
Since I've already rescheduled before, I'm hesitant to do so again and would like to just get this beast over with. I also think, however, that pushing my exam back till January would give me ample time to devote to improving my VR score and finishing the content review efficiently. One downside in pushing it back is that I will also be taking classes as I study for the MCAT, but right now I'm only taking one course and have lots of free time. If I did decide to push it back to January, I would take a Humanities class this Fall to potentially improve my VR and would effectively finish the content review instead of cramming it into a short period of time. I really would like to get this over with, but on the other hand I want to do the best I possibly can. Therefore I'm looking for some advice:
Take it or Reschedule and why????