My Nova Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yah-E

Toof Sniper
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm back in full effect!! Alright, first I have to say, I had a blast in Fort Lauderdale, FL! Couple of interviewees and I hit the town and got crazy drunk!! We went to a bunch of bars off the Las Olas Blvd by the beach and just got ****#y crazy!

Alright onto the good stuff, right? Well, my interview, again, went AWESOME! Here was the scoop:

12 (noon) - 1 PM: School tour, our tour guide did not do as well as we had expected. She shared with us a lot of her 1st year experiences, which was great to hear, but this was supposed to be a "TOUR"!!! She showed us the simulation lab, one clinic, the library, lecture hall, student cafeteria, and we walked around in the Health Science Division buildings randomly! Tour sucked, but the tour guide answered a lot of our questions to the best of her knowledge.

1 - 1:30 PM: 4 of us dental applicants (two girls and two guys and 1 didn't show) sat around in the admissions office lobby and interacted with other health profession applicants (PA and Pharmacy). Nothing really structured for this time slot.

1:30 - 2 PM: Financial Aid presentation with a financial aid counselor ($52,000/year for out of state).

Roughly 2 PM we started our individual interviews. The interviews were conduct by Su-Ann (Admissions Director) and a professor (the head of the admissions committee). All of our (the 4 dental applicants) interviews lasted anywhere from 20-30 minutes each. I went last. While one person is getting interviewed, others continued to sit in the lobby and further interacted with the other health profession applicants (this was when the anxiety started to build like crazy). The interviews ended around 3:45 PM

My interview: Without boring you all with the details, all questions directed towards me were academically related due to my blemish undergraduate performances. It was very conversational and informative for both parties. Other interviewees did get some crazy fun random questions like "Who would you have lunch with.." and "What car would you be....?"

I would like to say that both Dr. X and Su-Ann were very impressed with me and my application as they continuously said "you're doing great right now", "I'm impressed with your recent academic performances!!", "you're very deserving" (what ever this means), and "I have seen applicants as yourself that are extremely successful in our dental school!"

We laughed at my undergraduate party stories in the beginning and they really got a great kick when I told them that my BAC (blood alcohol content) was higher than my GPA during my first three years of undergraduate studies! I entertained them with many of my questions in regards to their school and overall, my interview lasted about 30 minutes.

After my interview, another dental interviewee (who waited for me in the lobby) and I decided to go and do our own tour of the school since our formal one sucked. We went to the Histology and Anatomy lab, student lounge (found some current 1st, 3rd, and 4th year students and grilled them with more questions), to the 4th year clinic and observed, and attended a portion of the 1st year simulation lab course until 5 PM. No one ever complained or asked us to leave, so we just introduced ourselves as interviewees and the professors and students didn't seem to be bothered with our presence. A much better tour, in my opinion!

After that, this other interviewee and I went to Su-Ann's office and bugged her more (during this interview day, you really didn't get much exposure to Su-Ann, the only time you do get to see her was during your interview, I didn't want to leave Nova and not have interacted with her)! We sat there and chatted for about another half-an-hour or so and discussed just about everything in life. During that time she told me that I had placed a "positive" impression on both her and Dr. X! She also said that in the admissions committee of 8 people, her and Dr. X (the admissions committee Chairman, who also interviewed me) has the most influencial decision in recommending acceptances! It was really nice to finally meet her in person and that was the end of my interview day at Nova which ended around 5:45 PM.

At any rate, it was a cool interview, but not very structured. The only scheduled events were the school tour, financial aid meeting, and then your interview. I think that I made my interview day fun by exploring it more!!

I will find out if I'm accepted or not by next Friday at the latest according to Dr. X and Su-Ann. My overall impression of Nova is positive and fun! I would strongly consider attending if accepted.

This is for the guys!! The women at Nova are HOT!!!! Nova dental will be a great fun social school to go to! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

hey congrats Yah-ZZZ! :clap: I'm glad things went well, I knew you'd be fine! I'm sure you're gonna have many good things coming your way...and then you can help the rest of us out!!! :wink: :D

Yah-ZZZ,

Congratulations! You have just been accepted at Nova. I recieved the same type of feed back when I was at my interview and was notified about a week later that I was accepted!! Good Luck! :clap:

PS. Was I right about how beautiful the school was and how nice everyone was? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
:clap: :clap: :clap:
That's awesome! I'm sure that you'll be getting a letter of acceptance by the end of next week. Isn't the campus great! Nova is definitely one of the top 2 schools on my list. Hopefully I'll get an interview there this fall.

Congrats,
Eddie :cool:

Yah-ZZZ

Well done, maybe I'll see you there next year...yeah the school is d'bomb and the area is awesome, I've visited the school many times and I can't say anything negative about!! :clap:

Hi Andy,
Great to hear your positive interview! Hope to hear your good news next week!!!

Nova's admissions committee is voting on my application today for an acceptance!! How exciting and nerve wracking! My fingers are crossed. :clap:

Hey Yahhzz,

Good luck on Nova....hope you get in!!!! crossing my fingers for you!! :wink:

GOOD LUCK YAHZZZ! I'm sure you'll do great!

Bucky :clap:

good luck andy!!! I hope it works out!!!

Good luck Yah-ZZZ, show them wazzzza over in Fort Lauderdale.....then if you come down, celebrate over at the Chilli Pepper.... yeay boy!!! :D