My OAT and Application Experience

D

deleted943444

Since reading peoples experiences on SDN helped me a lot this summer when studying for the OAT I wanted to share mine.

I studied from June-July2018 and took the test on August 9.

I had a very low budget for study materials for the OAT, I used the Princeton DAT 2018 book to study for everything, except Physics, which I studied from a Kaplan 2015 MCAT book. I bought OAT destroyer which was really helpful for math and general chemistry. I regret not buying timed practice tests. I used
DAT bootcamp’s section tests to practice two weeks before the exam. I feel like its really important to practice with time, especially in the Math and Reading Comp section.

Official Score:
290AA, 310 TS

GPA:

sGPA:

Schools where I applied: PCO, IAUPR, NOVA, MCPHS

My Optomcas application has not been verified yet. I will update if I am offered any interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Bio: 350
G Chem: 300
O Chem: 310
Reading Comp: 270
Physics: 270
Math: 260

I think practice tests are the most important part of the study process, since all the materials I had were borrowed I did not do many practice tests. After reviewing everything the last weeks should be dedicated to practicing and with every practice test you improve and review the sections where your scores are low. If I had bought practice test and had 2 more weeks of studying Im certain I could have gotten a better Math score.
thank you so much!

Since reading peoples experiences on SDN helped me a lot this summer when studying for the OAT I wanted to share mine.

I studied from June-July2018 and took the test on August 9.

I had a very low budget for study materials for the OAT, I used the Princeton DAT 2018 book to study for everything, except Physics, which I studied from a Kaplan 2015 MCAT book. I bought OAT destroyer which was really helpful for math and general chemistry. I regret not buying timed practice tests. I used
DAT bootcamp’s section tests to practice two weeks before the exam. I feel like its really important to practice with time, especially in the Math and Reading Comp section.

Official Score:
290AA, 310 TS

GPA:

sGPA:

Schools where I applied: PCO, IAUPR, NOVA, MCPHS

My Optomcas application has not been verified yet. I will update if I am offered any interviews.

UPDATE: I was offered interviews from PCO and IAUPR

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)