Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JordanLeo5

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw some similar threads posting about their experience with Kaplan as well as the difficulty comparison between the Kaplan practice tests and the real OAT. I took my OAT today and I was very happy with my scores. I thought that the live online Kaplan course adequately prepared me for the test. I also believe that the Kaplan practice tests were slightly more difficult in the orgo, gen chem, physics and quantitative reasoning sections. I thought that the biology and reading comprehension sections were very accurate. My scores consisted of....

Kaplan1/Kaplan2/Kaplan3/RealOat
Bio:290/320/320/310
GChem:320/360/320/350
Ochem:300/370/360/400
RC:280/360/330/310
Physics:320/330/310/340
QR:300/310/330/360
AA:300/340/330/350
TS:310/360/330/360

I hope this helps some people gauge their Kaplan practice test scores, I know it gave me peace of mind while studying!
 
Great scores ! The oat guide says that in the quantitative reasoning section there are new types of questions like quantitative comparison and that geometry & trigonometry are taken out. Did you see any of these new types of questions & did you have any geometry/trig ? Thanks !
 
Great scores ! The oat guide says that in the quantitative reasoning section there are new types of questions like quantitative comparison and that geometry & trigonometry are taken out. Did you see any of these new types of questions & did you have any geometry/trig ? Thanks !
Now that you say that, I didn't see any trig/geometry questions. And I'm not sure if there were any of the quantitative comparison questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great scores ! The oat guide says that in the quantitative reasoning section there are new types of questions like quantitative comparison and that geometry & trigonometry are taken out. Did you see any of these new types of questions & did you have any geometry/trig ? Thanks !

whoa how'd you find out about this? I checked the 2017 oat guide and seems legit. And what exactly are quantitative comparisons?
 
I saw some similar threads posting about their experience with Kaplan as well as the difficulty comparison between the Kaplan practice tests and the real OAT. I took my OAT today and I was very happy with my scores. I thought that the live online Kaplan course adequately prepared me for the test. I also believe that the Kaplan practice tests were slightly more difficult in the orgo, gen chem, physics and quantitative reasoning sections. I thought that the biology and reading comprehension sections were very accurate. My scores consisted of....

Kaplan1/Kaplan2/Kaplan3/RealOat
Bio:290/320/320/310
GChem:320/360/320/350
Ochem:300/370/360/400
RC:280/360/330/310
Physics:320/330/310/340
QR:300/310/330/360
AA:300/340/330/350
TS:310/360/330/360

I hope this helps some people gauge their Kaplan practice test scores, I know it gave me peace of mind while studying!
How long did you study for, and for physics were there certain equations that you memorized? I'm currently enrolled in the online Kaplan class and I can't get a good gauge for what equations are worth knowing. Congrats by the way, those are awesome scores 🙂
 
How long did you study for, and for physics were there certain equations that you memorized? I'm currently enrolled in the online Kaplan class and I can't get a good gauge for what equations are worth knowing. Congrats by the way, those are awesome scores 🙂
Thank you!! I thought most of the equations on the quick sheet were worth knowing. But there weren't many things you had to calculate, I think it was mostly conceptual questions.