My pcat scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello, just got my pcat scores in the mail.
I have to admit that I am overwhelmed and shocked. I was hoping for a much better score after reviewing for over 3 months.

Verbal 381.............19
bio 408..........61
reading 378............15
math 405...............49
chem 378..........15
composite 390............24

However, I have a 3.9 gpa, over 3 years of health care experience, extracurricular and volunteer, great LORs, and good personal essay.
I applied to 8 schools and all of them require the pcat. What do you think my chances are at getting into a pharmacy school? and how can I improve my scores in the October pcat????? Thanks and please help. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should re-read your sources, make outlines and possibly do as many timed tests as possible.. (dr collins, etc..)

I have to admit that I am overwhelmed and shocked. I was hoping for a much better score after reviewing for over 3 months.

bio 408..........61
chem 378..........15

However, I have a 3.9 gpa, over 3 years of health care experience, extracurricular and volunteer, great LORs, and good personal essay.
I applied to 8 schools and all of them require the pcat. What do you think my chances are at getting into a pharmacy school? and how can I improve my scores in the October pcat????? Thanks and please help. :(

I'm gonna be honest and say that you have zero chance of getting in.

The lowest PCAT score I've ever interviewed was a 47 and the lowest I've ever heard being interviewed was a 42. Unless you are hoping to set a record, you need to retake.

bio 408..........61
chem 378..........15

What did you use to supplement your learning during the 3 month review and is English your first language?

Members don't see this ad :)
What of a gpa of 2.8 and a pcat composite of 99? What are the chances of getting in with those numbers? And if the prognosis is not so good, what can be done to improve them?

I'm gonna be honest and say that you have zero chance of getting in.

The lowest PCAT score I've ever interviewed was a 47 and the lowest I've ever heard being interviewed was a 42. Unless you are hoping to set a record, you need to retake.

Questions:

-did you run out of time?
-did you know beforehand that you would score like this?

bio 408..........61
chem 378..........15

same here :( and I could not sleep at all last night.
I definitely retake again in Oct and this will be my last chance. If I do not get any better then Pharmacy will not be for me I guess.

Actually, I thought I was going to do good and I went in there fully prepared. I don't know what happened and the only that I ran out of time was for the math section. :(

What about everything else? Will my GPA balance things out and all the other things that pharmacy schools look at.

it depends, some schools look @ composite on pcat first then gpa..or vice versa but most of the time I heard they want an equal balance (GPA and your pcat score). If you don't want to retake it, maybe apply to a school where pcat isnt required? California? I think California schools weigh heavily on gpa?

hey...we're in the same position...

my composite was 19 ....I dunno WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED

does anyone think i have a chance to get into pharm?
=*(

I am retaking the pcat on october 17. But I don't know if I am going to score significantly higher. How can I prepare in less than three weeks? Also, most of the schools I applied to are in the north but I am considering California Schools now that I scored so low on the PCAT.