my prelim year

Started by lakersfan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lakersfan

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I matched into a great rads program but matched into a prelim medicine program I really was not expecting to match into. I know I should not have ranked it but whats done is done.

Is there any way I can get out of my prelim program and scramble into a surgical prelim. The prelim med program I matched at is gonna make me work 100 hrs/week anyways based upon what residents told me so I dont care about doing a surgical prelim at this point. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
 
I thought once you matched, it was a binding contract. Is it more lenient for prelim year programs as opposed to the specialty program?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just put your hours down honestly every week. They will be forced to give you the day off when you tell them you're already over hours. I saw it all the time on my peds/surg/IM rotations. They care way more about losing accreditation for their IM program than you do.
 
hey i got into harvard yale and hopkins... which should i choose? i am graduating from a big sec school in the south and don't know how much i will like baltimore or new haven... i have heard they are kind of rough cities... thoughts?
 
hey i got into harvard yale and hopkins... which should i choose? i am graduating from a big sec school in the south and don't know how much i will like baltimore or new haven... i have heard they are kind of rough cities... thoughts?

Ummm... This is the radiology residency thread... There are the pre-allopathic forums that might be able to help you out more.