My professor is violating the ethics code, what should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
0/10 nice try OP

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
everything is about principles, but you should never put yourself at a disadvantage.
Look, man, I've spent the last 2 weeks staring into nasty vaginas. Any more statements like that might push me over the edge. I like what's left of my sanity, so let's not pull the insufferable pre-med stuff, mkay? Incidentally, that attitude is the best reason why you will never be afforded an opportunity similar to the one your classmate got. Any professor who catches wind of this gunnerism is going to put the screws to you, and rightfully so.

Last edited:
motivatorc0561395aba7d91c39b7b5c63a91fe8928fc4e2c.jpg

Haha so great. OP, if I was the professor, and I got wind of your little whine I'd give everyone the test to take home on honor code that they don't cheat, and give you a harder version proctored in my office.

Don't be a douche. Worry about yourself.

Last edited:
Well, I care only about my personal success, if I benefit from it then great, if I am at a disadvantage then I will fight about it. it's that simple.

You, sir, are a rug.

And you will not be a doctor tomorrow so no compensation there.

I think all of yall should shutup and leave the poster alone.

Get off your high horses, the poster has a valid point that the professor has given an unfair advantage to the student getting the make-up exam. maybe the professor shouldnt be a lazy ass and should proctor the exam him/herself

and apumic, your post is kinda offensive and it's ironic that someone with 2k posts in a relatively short amount of time is telling someone else to be productive

Well, I care only about my personal success, if I benefit from it then great, if I am at a disadvantage then I will fight about it. it's that simple.

My professor is violating my ethics code, what should I do?

fixed that for you.

please go away. you know what the worst part of this is? people like you are the first to cry foul when you need an accommodation from a prof such as your classmate got and you don't get it. it's not ethics if it's just MeMeMeMeMe all the time. it's just crass self-aggrandizement.

yeah. just go away.

OP, it seems to me after taking a glance at some of your past posts that you seem to have a very idealistic and me-focused way of looking at things. Just a thought... the world doesn't revolve around any of us, including you. A lot of your posts appear to complain about other people getting the hookups and you not having the connections or getting treated "special." I can't tell you how to get treated better but one thing that might help is to examine what you're doing that might be preventing you from building those relationships w/ instructors and school admissions people. You have to be proactive but once you're proactive, you'll probably find that faculty will bend over backwards to ensure your success. Likewise, many admissions people will do quite a bit to help you out. Whining about it, esp. in an inconsistent manner that reveals what appear to be very selfish intentions, isn't going to get you far. Honestly, if your OP had seemed others centered and concerned with more than your own grade, I'd have a lot more respect for you, but I think you lost most everyone here's respect completely the moment you told us you no longer cared because you got your A. That simply told me, for one, exactly what I'd suspected the whole time -- this is more about you being whiny, self-centered, bitter, and jealous, than anything resembling an actual concern over the ethics of your professor's behavior (which were not even particularly questionable in the first place, really).

Members don't see this ad :)
and apumic, your post is kinda offensive and it's ironic that someone with 2k posts in a relatively short amount of time is telling someone else to be productive

wow! apumic you must be really unproductive...you have averaged 1.66 posts per day! you must get absolutely nothing done.

/sarcasm

yeah, i don't think the above situation was unethical or inappropriate on the part of the professor. i also don't think there's anything positive in it for you to pursue this. please let it go.

just leave it alone. its none of your business and i know its unfair but who knows, she may give you this 'advantage' when you need it aswell.

everything is about principles, but you should never put yourself at a disadvantage.

Thanks for the morning entertainment OP. I have been missing college lately but your idiocy has made me remember how much I disliked my major in the first place - because of psycho pre-med's like you. :eek:

I'm so ****ing glad I majored in math and avoided whining ******* little ****s like you. I'd never have gotten into med school after trying to strangle some 20 year old entitled crybaby psychos like you. You're the guy that argues with the guy teaching biochemistry for thirty years about how your answer is worth 0.001 points more than it is. Don't be that guy. Or if one day, in a horror of horrors, you happen to find out that you're in fact that guy (e.g, today, for you), I recommend seppuku.

Anyone remember Elizabeth Lambert?

kF0yU.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so ****ing glad I majored in math and avoided whining ******* little ****s like you. I'd never have gotten into med school after trying to strangle some 20 year old entitled crybaby psychos like you. You're the guy that argues with the guy teaching biochemistry for thirty years about how your answer is worth 0.001 points more than it is. Don't be that guy. Or if one day, in a horror of horrors, you happen to find out that you're in fact that guy (e.g, today, for you), I recommend seppuku.

:thumbup: I never understood the kids who always thought they knew more than my organic professor who had been teaching for 30 years and won more awards for his research then most of us can ever dream of.

cheating.jpg

Seriously OP, this would make an awesome personal statement.

Hey, I want to make this my SDN signature. It is priceless.

How do you do that?

In your account settings.... I seriously considered it but then decided I wasn't so sure I wanted such a douchy thing in my signature....somebody might take it the wrong way and I keep my posts a bit edgy to begin with....

OP, you think that's unfair? Try living in the real world where people don't really share "ethical" values and will step on you in a minute if they benefit somehow. I hope life slaps you around like the little bitch that you are.

In your account settings.... I seriously considered it but then decided I wasn't so sure I wanted such a douchy thing in my signature....somebody might take it the wrong way and I keep my posts a bit edgy to begin with....
:laugh: dude are you for real right now :smuggrin:

It was too good to pass up...

Look, man, I've spent the last 2 weeks staring into nasty vaginas.
I really hope there's a genuine reason you've characterized them as "nasty", and you weren't, e.g., doing general gynecology rounds.

Ew.....just.....ew.

People will assume that others will do what they would do in the same situation. Since the OP is assuming the student would cheat....well.....

OP: Grow up. Someday you will be in the real world, and you are not the police of the world. If no one is coming to physical, mental, or emotional harm.....let it go. If you really want to fight a fight, there are WAY better ones out there than this that you can choose.

I really hope there's a genuine reason you've characterized them as "nasty", and you weren't, e.g., doing general gynecology rounds.

He or She may have been particularly fallacious with logic.

1) He or She said that they were looking at nasty vaginas in one sentence.
2) He or She is a medical student.
3) You assumed that because this person is a medical student, he or she was looking at nasty vaginas in an educational setting.

I like to think these two are exclusive facts. Giggity.

I don't know why all of you are so surprised about my comment. Unfortuantely, we live in a world where if you don't help yourself no one else will. I see things as the show "The Apprentice" at the beginning we are all friends, laughing and joking, and supporting one another, but as we get higher and higher we become aggressive and the tough guys win, and the weak links simply get "fired".

If you don't fight for yourself in this tough life, who's gonna fight for you? And please lets not talk bout being honorable, there is no such thing. We see historical events where honor ceased to exist, leaders of the world, for crying out loud Madoff, one of the most respected economists and businessman, and many many more. For those living in a fantasy world, the world actually is a bit different than you think.

I don't know why all of you are so surprised about my comment. Unfortuantely, we live in a world where if you don't help yourself no one else will. I see things as the show "The Apprentice" at the beginning we are all friends, laughing and joking, and supporting one another, but as we get higher and higher we become aggressive and the tough guys win, and the weak links simply get "fired".

If you don't fight for yourself in this tough life, who's gonna fight for you? And please lets not talk bout being honorable, there is no such thing. We see historical events where honor ceased to exist, leaders of the world, for crying out loud Madoff, one of the most respected economists and businessman, and many many more. For those living in a fantasy world, the world actually is a bit different than you think.

No one is arguing this.

Just because other people aren't honorable doesn't mean you shouldn't try to be honorable.

Just because the world isn't fair doesn't mean you should give up and stop trying to make it fair.

Giving people fair warning that you're an a-hole shouldn't be ok in this world. A blanket disclaimer only covers your ass in court. Not when you're face to face with someone like me in a job situation.

And by the way....you CAN get fired for being dishonorable. Think about it.

While there is certainly some truth to this (i.e., competition requires it to some degree), working cooperatively with others tends to produce better results overall. No, not everyone can be at the top, which is why anything like "The Apprentice" is cutthroat. OTOH, most of life will require you to work well with others and be honorable. Just because you're dishonorable and think everyone else is out to get you and you have to get them first doesn't mean that's the way everyone else is thinking. Honestly, 99% of your school (probably more) doesn't give a crap whether you're dead or alive (or exist or not). They don't care that you are vying for a spot in medical school. Actually, they'd care a heck of a lot more if you were to work with them and be encouraging and helpful instead of a self-proclaimed self-centered brat who believes the world is out to get him. People like that don't tend to get to the top of organizations -- they tend to get fired from them while still in training when their preceptors complain they are untrainable or constantly putting down other employees or have a poor or condescending attitude. And yes, being dishonorable -- even w/o the set-on-the-top attitude -- can get you fired. Documentation comes to mind.... As does just plain ticking off your boss (or coworkers) repeatedly. That tech who's been there 15 years can easily get a nurse fired. Likewise, the charge RN who's been there for 25 compared with a fresh-minted attending (assuming they each have decent complaints). Sometimes, even when you're right and the guy w/ 20 years' experience is dead wrong (according to all of your coworkers), you still have to just shut up and say, "Yes, ma'am, sorry, ma'am!" or "Yes, sir! Sorry, sir!"

Last edited:
forget the kids who tell you to MYOB OP, just go up to your professor and tell it straight 2 her face that it ain't right yo. kid could be cheatn' and sht' ain't fair at all. Next lecture steal the mic, and spill the beans to the class that this sht' went down yo. get you some respek. for real. hide ur husbands.

forget the kids who tell you to MYOB OP, just go up to your professor and tell it straight 2 her face that it ain't right yo. kid could be cheatn' and sht' ain't fair at all. Next lecture steal the mic, and spill the beans to the class that this sht' went down yo. get you some respek. for real. hide ur husbands.

I agree, OP. I wholeheartedly agree. Actually, just in case they manage to unplug the mic before you start talking, I think you should bring your own sound amplification system in as a backup. Let the whole class know just what went down. Further, please have one of your awesome friends record it and put it on youtube. Just think! Even if it doesn't work and the prof totally ignores you (or kicks you out of class and fails you), you could be the next youtube star; like this guy:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
What the....Starts off like Ghandi and ends like Henry the VIII. Parrotfish a lot of the stuff you post makes me tick, but I agree 300% with you on this one man. Somebody close this thread already!

I'm more of a fan of the attitde the military has at boot camp: when you leave a locker unlocked you're making people steal.

In my experience when professors trusted students half the class cheated and my grades tanked.

And THIS is everything that I hate about (pre)medical students in a sentence.

I agree....

What the....Starts off like Ghandi and ends like Henry the VIII. Parrotfish a lot of the stuff you post makes me tick, but I agree 300% with you on this one man. Somebody close this thread already!

It's Gandhi.

:laugh::laugh:

Clearly I need to start working that phrase into all of my interviews...

You should. I'm sure your interviewers will be VERY impressed. They might even point you out to the director of admission! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Totally. Especially so at the giant university hospital that runs around 90% Medicaid patients and the free women's clinic on the edge of the ghetto. Quality stuff over there.
Don't mean to really start something when I don't know anything about your situation; maybe all the vaginas you were looking at were pretty gross/unhygenic. I just find it distasteful/unfair when people use the word "nasty" simply because it is a vagina.

:p Even having PMed insightfully with you, Milkman, I still read your edited post as, "B****, please. Nvm."

Don't mean to really start something when I don't know anything about your situation; maybe all the vaginas you were looking at were pretty gross/unhygenic. I just find it distasteful/unfair when people use the word "nasty" simply because it is a vagina.

Did you not notice his name is milkMAN? Obviously, like every straight warm blooded american male, al thinks a well kept vagina is a wonderful treasure. I would suggest that you grow some thicker skin about this and stop hanging out with pre-pubescent boys.