my stats/grades are..... do I have a good chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

al

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. well, I just took the dat today, I didn't get exactly what I wanted or was getting during KAPLAN, but I guess it will do. I scored 22academic, 20 PAT. My weakest points were g-chem/reading according to percentile 20/21 respectively. strongest was math/o-chem 24/24. My gpa's 3.21 (using aadsas scale), with science around 3.18. I've done a number of volunteering/community service, and a research project in which I was more of a role player than investigator (aid). My letters of rec are from 2 sci professors, 1 teacher's assistant, employer, and research professor, all assuming to be good letters. Based on all this info, do I have a chance of schools like columbia, upenn, tufts, ucsf, ucla, etc? (I really like the east coast, and west coast like cuz its cheap and I'm a cali resident). What do you think? Am I weak in various areas? (sorry if this message is kind of long, but I'm really interested on my chances. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Based upon reported stats from last year I'd say you have excellent chances at all the eastern schools you mentioned. I'd judge your chances at UCSF to be good. UCLA might be a squeeze but well worth trying. Good luck.

Groundhog is pretty much correct. You will have a great shot at Columbia and Tufts, Penn might be a little tougher based on your GPA. As for the west coast, UCLA will also be tough, however you are in a good position for all of those schools and it is worth applying to them all.

thanks for your responses, I'll keep at it and see how things go. Hey, how would you rank the schools I've mentioned, I'm sure all of them are really good, but out of these "good", which is the best, the worst, or anything else. Thanks and good luck to all of you