My story

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeffrey02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated college last summer with a BA in sociology and minor in biology. I applied to d-school and didnt get it. So now I was stuck on what I should do in the meantime. I found ATSU and am currently enrolled in their masters of dental public health program. I thought this would be a great boost to help my dental app strength. My undergrad GPA was low due to not being serious in college which was at a 2.3 gpa. Im really worried because this gpa will always haunt me but im doing well in my masters. Im going to retake a few preq classes this summer so that should help. How would you guys rate my scenario? Any advice or anything would be very helpful.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Quite frankly, your in bad shape, I would suggest that you start retaking some classes to raise the gpa. Take as many classes as you can to get your gpa high enough then kill the DAT and your in.

GOOD LUCK

bad shape? that doesnt really make me feel motivated,but thanks for your honesty

Members don't see this ad :)
Rock those masters grades, rock the DAT and pray a lot. There is always a chance. You got to have the fire in the belly!

Do post-bach. until you undergrad GPA hits 3.0+ (slightly above). Do your masters get 4.0. 21+ on DAT. You should be fine after that. :thumbup:

Why did you apply with a 2.3 gpa? Did you nail the DAT?