1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

My story

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by jeffrey02, May 7, 2008.

1. jeffrey02

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I graduated college last summer with a BA in sociology and minor in biology. I applied to d-school and didnt get it. So now I was stuck on what I should do in the meantime. I found ATSU and am currently enrolled in their masters of dental public health program. I thought this would be a great boost to help my dental app strength. My undergrad GPA was low due to not being serious in college which was at a 2.3 gpa. Im really worried because this gpa will always haunt me but im doing well in my masters. Im going to retake a few preq classes this summer so that should help. How would you guys rate my scenario? Any advice or anything would be very helpful.
    Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doc3232

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Quite frankly, your in bad shape, I would suggest that you start retaking some classes to raise the gpa. Take as many classes as you can to get your gpa high enough then kill the DAT and your in.

GOOD LUCK

4. jeffrey02

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    bad shape? that doesnt really make me feel motivated,but thanks for your honesty

5. 1992Corolla

1992Corolla CheerioKing
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Rock those masters grades, rock the DAT and pray a lot. There is always a chance. You got to have the fire in the belly!

6. qwerty86

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Do post-bach. until you undergrad GPA hits 3.0+ (slightly above). Do your masters get 4.0. 21+ on DAT. You should be fine after that. :thumbup:

7. PB2464

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Why did you apply with a 2.3 gpa? Did you nail the DAT?