My verbal scores are tanking...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epsilonprodigy

Physicist Enough
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing progressively WORSE with each verbal practice test I do. I took Kaplan, and it seems that I don't read fast enough to employ the Kaplan method properly (mapping, etc.)

On the other hand, when I just try to read, highlight and answer the questions, I tank just about as badly.

When I do the Kaplan method, I do fine on the passages early on, but poorly toward the end because it causes me to run out of time. When I don't, I get just enough wrong throughout each passage to make for a crappy score.

What do I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I am doing progressively WORSE with each verbal practice test I do. I took Kaplan, and it seems that I don't read fast enough to employ the Kaplan method properly (mapping, etc.)

On the other hand, when I just try to read, highlight and answer the questions, I tank just about as badly.

When I do the Kaplan method, I do fine on the passages early on, but poorly toward the end because it causes me to run out of time. When I don't, I get just enough wrong throughout each passage to make for a crappy score.

What do I do?

One quick fix is to use your index finger while reading...speed-reading books will suggest this and it improves your reading speed 3-4 times (it is easier for your eyes to quickly move across the page).

Good luck!:luck: