My wife wants a minivan! (completely OT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
*sigh*

So, I love our SUV. Its a blast to drive, fast as heck, handles better than our Cooper S, but honestly with one baby and a second one on the way (wifey is 4.5 months preggo), its time we get something bigger. When the fam is in town, hard to squeeze 6 people into a 5 seat car with two seats taken with baby seats.

So the wife wants a minivan. Ack. yes. I know. I will be less of a man.

But dude have you guys ever been in one? So comfy. So convenient.

I will just have to get tinted windows on the passenger side when I ride with her.

If any of you see a Honda Odyssey in the DC area with 30 day temp tags, don't honk and make fun.

Q

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, with our 2nd kiddo, we got a 07 Sienna LTD. Has EVERYTHING you could imagine. We were really appreshensive at first about getting one, and did well with the X3 for the first kiddo, but once we had the 2nd, we took the leap. Actually, I must say that we really like it. It is easy to get in and out of, push a button and the doors open, gets OK mileage. They put a new engine in the 2007 model, and it really gets up and goes. Rides smoothly and quietly...

As far as the brands go, get either the Toyota or Honda...I've had Toyotas my for pretty much my whole driving life, so they got my business more out of brand loyalty...

Good luck Quinn!

I feel your pain. Yes, a mini van does in fact shrink your testicles and make you less of a man. But wrangling two kids in and out of car seats is a lot easier in a mini van. And fact is that once you're married with children you don't need your testicles any more anyway. We must go ahead and embrace our fate. We are no longer independent, free minded, sexual beings. We are eunuch servants to our infant overloads. Don't fight it. Resistance is futile.

Members don't see this ad :)
So your sayin I should trade in my copper s for a town & country?

*sigh*

So, I love our SUV. Its a blast to drive, fast as heck, handles better than our Cooper S, but honestly with one baby and a second one on the way (wifey is 4.5 months preggo), its time we get something bigger. When the fam is in town, hard to squeeze 6 people into a 5 seat car with two seats taken with baby seats.

So the wife wants a minivan. Ack. yes. I know. I will be less of a man.

But dude have you guys ever been in one? So comfy. So convenient.

I will just have to get tinted windows on the passenger side when I ride with her.

If any of you see a Honda Odyssey in the DC area with 30 day temp tags, don't honk and make fun.

Q
Just buy a minivan and then get a big-macho-overcompensating sports car on the side for daddy. :thumbup:

I feel your pain. Yes, a mini van does in fact shrink your testicles and make you less of a man. But wrangling two kids in and out of car seats is a lot easier in a mini van. And fact is that once you're married with children you don't need your testicles any more anyway. We must go ahead and embrace our fate. We are no longer independent, free minded, sexual beings. We are eunuch servants to our infant overloads. Don't fight it. Resistance is futile.

Unbelievably true! I left cool and manly way behind ever since our daughter. She's two now, and my 4Runner sports a very masculine and very cool pink car seat with bright yellow flowers on it while bumpin' sick tunes like "Row, row, row your boat" and "Old McDonald Had a Farm." Cool is a long distant memory at best. :laugh:

I realize I don't have a lot of clout, given that I don't have children of my own... but consider a hybrid if you're getting a big car like a minivan.

Think of the gas money you'll save!

--little planet loving me:p

Don't do it. Resist. Get an oversize SUV; suck up all the gasoline on the planet if you have to. You can get a Yukon. A Durango. Anything. Just say no. I have 2 kids with another on the way. Death before a minivan. Get a regular van first. Friends don't let friends drive minivans.

Of course, my next post will be: "so I'm getting a minivan..."

this thread makes me want to get a vasectomy

Success!

We have decided on holding off on the minivan for a few months. This is just like giving 30 units of PRBCs to a multi-GSW victim, howeve,r it makes me feel like I am doing something.

So teh Cayenne S lives on... atleast until the end of summer.

Q

So teh Cayenne S lives on
Ahhh, that explains the "handles better than the Cooper S" in the first post. I thought you were posting from a poorly-ventilated garage in the middle of a furniture stripping-and-staining project or something.

I did see this sticker one time on a mini-van, and it helped a little...

May I assume this is a typo? Or a Freudian slip?:smuggrin:

Success!

We have decided on holding off on the minivan for a few months. This is just like giving 30 units of PRBCs to a multi-GSW victim, howeve,r it makes me feel like I am doing something.

So teh Cayenne S lives on... atleast until the end of summer.

Q

Good news.

My new goal in life is to rid the world of these people driving these HUGE vehicles and thinking they own the road.

I never noticed until I got a small car, now daily I fight to not be swerved into, run off the road, cut off, etc. Are these soccer moms really in that much of a hurry?:oops:

Get a regular van first.

Our chairman has a Ford E-series van that's raised and converted to 4x4. It's really nice looking. Definitely something different, but it has room for all the kids you'd ever want.

I actually grew ectopic ovaries and a uterus after we bought our first minivan. But it was cool. The monthly bleeding and emotional roller coaster is a small price to pay for ease of travel with four children.