Myers-Briggs personality types

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What type am I?

• NF - Idealist

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • NT - Rational

Votes: 70 40.5%
  • SP - Artisan

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • SJ - Guardian

Votes: 44 25.4%

• Total voters

mystic_b

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is just a non-scientific query as to what personality types people wanting to be doctors have. I'm usually a skeptic when it comes to tests for these, but I believe this one has some merit.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, try a site like this to find out your type.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

And here's a description of the four main types.

http://keirsey.com/matrix.html

Members don't see this ad.

I took a Theories of Personality class in undergrad. We took the Myers-Briggs and I was ISTJ--Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging. It fit me perfectly! :eek:

I just took the jung test you gave the link for: I am ESFJ - extroverted, sensing, feeling, judging.
But i didnt see anything for the types like artisan, etc.
I would say the ESFJ is pretty accurate. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Bounty,

The SJ in your ESFJ description indicate that it is a guardian type temperament. If you look at the two letters before the name in the survey categories, you can figure out what's what.

NF=INFJ, INFP, ENFP,ENFJ=Idealist
NT=INTJ,INTP, ENTJ, ENTP=Rational
SJ=ISTJ,ISFJ,ESTJ,ESFJ=Guardian
SP=ISFP,ISTP,ESTP,ESFP=Artisan

INFJ - me, Oprah, and Gandhi!

Originally posted by CoffeeCat
INFJ - me, Oprah, and Gandhi!

And me too! maybe it's the coffee thing? :)

Originally posted by KyGrlDr2B
I took a Theories of Personality class in undergrad. We took the Myers-Briggs and I was ISTJ--Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging. It fit me perfectly! :eek:

I'm an ISTJ too, apparently. :D

INTJ in the hizzouse :)

According to much deliberation, I'm supposed to be an ENFP.

I'll take this quiz and see if its any different...

It changed me to INFP. Which is pretty much the same, IMO. A healer and an idealist. yay! :)

It said I'm strongly intuitive and strongly perceptive (which is gonna jump up and bite me in the rear, because the P's are generally procrastinators).

If you guys really want to get a kick out of this test, see exactly what your *not*. ;)

Being an INTJ, I guess I'm not swave, charming, and entertaining. hehe :oops:

heh, mine makes me a dreamin', underachievin', procrastinatin', over-emotional, shy twerp.

And that's about right. Except, to be fair, I'm not really all that shy. I think the introversion comes from my tendency to hide the emotions that I have. So I *am* overly emotional, I just don't act like it.

oh well. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, so tonight I'm ISTJ. Last time I took this I was an XXXX (split evenly on every trait -- a little scary). the time before I was an ENTP and the time before that an INTP.

I think it all depends on my mood at the time I take it.

ENFJ here....:love: (it's all about the people skills!!)

ISTJ here, also. It definately fits me to a T. We had to do this test as a team bonding thing back in college...my coach was a ENFP, explains why we never got along :)

i've taken this test many times and always get ISTJ. it's a very accurate assessment of my temperament.

btw: what does "N" stand for again?

N stands for intuitive, S for sensory.

Gosh, everyone is a J here. That makes sense though.

So I am a "counselor."

The problem with these tests is that they are self reported. People have a notion in their minds how they want to act and think and what they actually do. These tests should be prefaced with "answer these questions on what you really do, not what you want to do."

Fun stuff anyway.

I took the test on two separate occasions and got different results. Does that mean I have a split personality??? :eek:

Originally posted by showeeeeeeeee

And me too! maybe it's the coffee thing? :)

Whoever said that coffee was bad for you?!?

I took the same test (more extensively) at a leadership conference 3 years ago and got the SAME result as now- ESTJ- Thats so cool!

I was an INTP as a freshman psychology major, but probably mutated/evolved into an INFP by juniour year. Now, as a pre-med, I don't know. I wouldn't mind taking it again to see what might have changed.

Another ENFP here. Great people skills - not so good with deadlines. :)

INTJ (surprise, surprise) Funny how there are already 3 of us out of 21 replies, yet we only make up 1% of the population.

Hey--

I am probably an INFP. According to a list matching MBTI types and specialty, I should go into cardiovascular diseases or psychiatry.

Espion--that makes at least two "procrastinators and underachievers" in our class. Yay!

Originally posted by castaway
Hey--

I am probably an INFP. According to a list matching MBTI types and specialty, I should go into cardiovascular diseases or psychiatry.

Espion--that makes at least two "procrastinators and underachievers" in our class. Yay!

woo-hoo!!:laugh:

I took this test over two years ago and got the same personality type as I did today, INTP. Same as Socrates, Isaac Newton and Einstein. Not bad company.:clap:

I'm an INTJ.

Great topic, mystic_b!

ENTJ

fieldmarshall

OK SDNer's !! Get in line!

Step in time!

I too am an ENTJ. For some reason, I find this to be just a smidge off.

I said smidge, that rox. :D

whoa this one threw me off....
I'm an ENTJ. The "fieldmarshall" type. Apparently there are only 2% of us. The description fits my personality well IRL.

Im an ENFJ, I think it fits pretty well for me.

Originally posted by castaway
Hey--

Make that three INFP's :) Though I have taken this a few times before and also come up as an INTP. The procrastinating, spontaneous thing is SO true for me either way.

INTJ here. That 1% is growing. I too am loving being a mastermind, Cerberus! :D

INTJ as well