MyRFO -- what's the point?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email with a link to MyRFO. I printed out what appears to be unofficial orders. Are these useful for anything? Someone told me I can use it to start setting up appointments and stuff for the movers and contact my TMO.

Members don't see this ad.

---------------- Listening to: U2 - Beautiful Day via FoxyTunes

You need actual orders to start the outprocessing if you are in residency. The RFO can be changed. So nothing is official until you get the actual orders.

What you can do is start at least tentatively planning. Look for housing, start planning leave, etc.

You might need to use the RFO to get your official orders.

Members don't see this ad :)
---------------- Listening to: U2 - Beautiful Day via FoxyTunes

You need actual orders to start the outprocessing if you are in residency. The RFO can be changed. So nothing is official until you get the actual orders.

What you can do is start at least tentatively planning. Look for housing, start planning leave, etc.

I'm actually an M4 PCSing to my residency. The thing is completely confusing and I get 5 different answers when I ask 5 different people. Typical military. I'll wait for my official orders.

The RFO is typically sent to the losing command/post/whatever so that they can generate the official orders. Once you have official orders you can start out-processing. This will all likely be taken care of for you as you leave the command with oversight of HPSP to your gaining command, I wouldn't worry too much about it but it is nice to know how it's supposed to work.