NA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biotechguru

Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • 100 hours volunteer at free clinic/needle exchange/homeless shelter- provided administrative support, made/handed out harm reduction kits, connected patients to behavioral health resources
This is non-clinical volunteering. If you can keep going in this, that would help you out, but I think you have over the 150 combined hour threshold to escape getting screened out at most schools. (I know it might be challenging with the NGO work.)

I don't think your profile has nearer to the 1000 hours expected of heavy service-oriented schools.

Your interest in infectious disease and global health will be valuable for some programs, and your list includes a few that have institutes that could get you networked. Your NGO also probably has suggestions.

The template doesn't help us get a sense of timeline/chronology. I'm not exactly sure why your last application was not successful (no interviews), but your alcohol and marijuana citations are old assuming these are relatively minor convictions. Did you submit your application before July 4, and complete all of your secondaries before September 1?

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools with your stats:
UMass
Tufts
Boston University
Harvard
Dartmouth
Brown
Yale
Vermont
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Columbia
Cornell
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
Temple
Georgetown
George Washington
Tulane
Emory
USF Morsani
Miami
Creighton
St. Louis
Northwestern
U Chicago
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Cincinnati
Case Western

Members don't see this ad :)
This is non-clinical volunteering. If you can keep going in this, that would help you out, but I think you have over the 150 combined hour threshold to escape getting screened out at most schools. (I know it might be challenging with the NGO work.)

I don't think your profile has nearer to the 1000 hours expected of heavy service-oriented schools.

Your interest in infectious disease and global health will be valuable for some programs, and your list includes a few that have institutes that could get you networked. Your NGO also probably has suggestions.

The template doesn't help us get a sense of timeline/chronology. I'm not exactly sure why your last application was not successful (no interviews), but your alcohol and marijuana citations are old assuming these are relatively minor convictions. Did you submit your application before July 4, and complete all of your secondaries before September 1?

x

Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
UMass
Tufts
Boston University
Harvard
Dartmouth
Brown
Yale
Vermont
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Columbia
Cornell
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
Temple
Georgetown
George Washington
Tulane
Emory
USF Morsani
Miami
Creighton
St. Louis
Northwestern
U Chicago
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Cincinnati
Case Western
I worry about wasting my money with schools like yale, Northwestern, uchicago. Why do you include those on the list... or are those schools you feel are service oriented where I can "shoot my shot"

I worry about wasting my money with schools like yale, Northwestern, uchicago. Why do you include those on the list... or are those schools you feel are service oriented where I can "shoot my shot"
U Chicago is definitely service oriented. Northwestern and Yale offer interviews to 15% to 20% of applicants who complete secondaries