Napa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruch1979

Sponsor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any of you guys have experience with NAPA. Are they legit or do they screw people over?

Members don't see this ad.

any of you guys have experience with NAPA. Are they legit or do they screw people over?

They have a tendency to screw people over. And even if you do make partner, it is structured so that you will never make as much as the guys at the top - the founding fathers. However, they control many hospitals in the NYC metro area, and people who want to be in NYC at any cost do join them.

They have also expanded to hospitals in Poughkeepsie, NY as well as parts of Maryland and Pennsylvania, so they are quite a large group. I would think it is easier to become partner at these locations since they are not as popular as NYC, but I don't have any facts to back me up. Based on talking to people who work/have worked at NAPA, stay away if you have other options.

They have a tendency to screw people over. And even if you do make partner, it is structured so that you will never make as much as the guys at the top - the founding fathers. However, they control many hospitals in the NYC metro area, and people who want to be in NYC at any cost do join them.

They have also expanded to hospitals in Poughkeepsie, NY as well as parts of Maryland and Pennsylvania, so they are quite a large group. I would think it is easier to become partner at these locations since they are not as popular as NYC, but I don't have any facts to back me up. Based on talking to people who work/have worked at NAPA, stay away if you have other options.

ha, sounds like a classic pyramid scheme to me.. <stress word scheme>

Members don't see this ad :)
I get the impression that NAPA and Sheridan are okay if you're happy showing up, doing your job, getting a salary, and not really having much room for professional growth or ability to change things if you perceive a deficiency. It's like being an assembly-line worker at a car factory. Expect to do your job and collect a stable paycheck. Not much else. And, you'll be working for "management" and their bonuses, not your own.

-copro

ha, sounds like a classic pyramid scheme to me.. <stress word scheme>

Nothing could be further from the truth. Not to defend NAPA's reputation, but they're not running a pyramid scheme

Copro's description is quite accurate. Napa is a corporation like 7-11. They hire MD's to sell sevo, 7-11 hire's HS dropouts to sell slushies. No different.