NAPLEX questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkyrx

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is the NAPLEX usually offered? (Can you take it immediately upon graduation?)
Is it offered multiple times a year?
Where do you take the exam?
How long does it take to find out how you did?
Do you receive an actual score or is it pass/fail?

Members don't see this ad.

It's offered multiple times during the year. Last summer it was offered multiple times during each week at various locations. I took mine at a Sylvan Learning Center because it was close to where I live. I couldn't imagine having to drive across town to take such an important exam. I took the NAPLEX and the MJPE 10 days apart in mid- to late July, and on August 4, I was licensed. The letter that was sent had a numerical score and then an indicator that I passed.

I don't know about other states, but I had to wait for my school to send information to the board about my intern hours before they'd allow me to sit for the exams.

So, did you graduate in May and wait until July to take the test? I'm just curious because I think I'll be really looking forward to the first paycheck and I'll want to take the exam as soon as I can. :lol:

pharmagirl said:
So, did you graduate in May and wait until July to take the test? I'm just curious because I think I'll be really looking forward to the first paycheck and I'll want to take the exam as soon as I can. :lol:
a lot of times you cannot based on the state laws and when the schools can send in the paperwork

you'll be waiting a little and paid as a grad intern

Members don't see this ad :)
pharmagirl said:

My graduation ceremony was in early June. I decided that I need to take a break before getting licensed, hence not taking the exams until July. It was a personal preference. There are some people in my class who scheduled the exams in June just so they could get started working. Besides, it's not like grad intern pay sucks. :D

Ah, maybe I'll just look forward to that time between graduation and getting licensed as vacation!! :laugh:

How much is grad intern pay anyway?

Fatpharm said:
Is there a requirement for working in the pharmacy for so many hours to take the NAPLEX?

There are internship hours that must be earned prior to being allowed to sit for the NAPLEX. Some schools are able to work all of those intern hours into the curriculum. Other schools cannot because some state boards require a certain number of intern hours to be earned outside of school.