Naplex ?'s

Started by whocares
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

whocares

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-I wear wrist wraps for tendonitis. I've never had a problem before wearing these during tests (I always walk in wearing them, leave them on the whole time) but the NABP seems to have strict rules. Can I wear them okay or do I need an ADA accommodation?

-Which formulas do you need to have memorized? I'm assuming CrCl, IBW, BSA, ratio stregth, %s, isotonicity equations, alliquots, and alligations. Anything else, like say, pk equations?

-Dosing tends to be a weak point of mine, so which doses should we have memorized? Are there only a limited number of them, or is it more broad?

-Brand/Generics. Top 300 drugs only, or all of the "key" drugs (for instance, chemo brand names, etc)

-Which online question set is better? I have the rxprep 2013 book, so I'm leaning towards theirs, but the ashp ones seem to be cheaper. But I have also heard that the ashp ones tend to be harder and more detailed then the naplex questions.

Thanks in advance!
 
Hi whocares,

You need to contact your state boards. I was wearing a brace and NABP told me to contact my boards, and the boards needed a medical doctor to write a letter to them stating my need for one.

Yeah you need to know those calculations you listed, except for BSA. That was given to me on the exam. I was also given an equation to calculate milliMoles. I didn't have any question on isotonicity or aliquots.

I didn't have a lot of dosing questions on my most recent exam.

For brand/generics.. almost all of my questions had generics listed. A couple of them which didn't were the combination medications.

I used PassNaplexNow quiz bank which I thought was pretty good.

Hope that helps, good luck.
 
Last edited: