Naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gvsk

pharMAFIA!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all .. i am just abt to join pharm D for fall... can u pls outline what the NAPLEX exam tests us on ,,,, what is its syllabi.... what kind questions are asked in it...

Is it like a what all we have covered in pharm D is asked in it ..

Members don't see this ad.

hey all .. i am just abt to join pharm D for fall... can u pls outline what the NAPLEX exam tests us on ,,,, what is its syllabi.... what kind questions are asked in it...

Is it like a what all we have covered in pharm D is asked in it ..

i did post it in the pharmacy licenture thread but no one was repling even though there were 500+ views

I am mostly goin to USN for Pharm D and all u P1, P2 & P3 USN'ers please do let me know who well USN prepares you for the NAPLEX exam.

And also would like to know what does one do if he doenst pass the NAPLEX. what are the career options then?

Cheers

You haven't even started pharmacy school yet and you're worrying about the NAPLEX already?? Aren't you supposed to be worrying for housing and cost of tuition? If you do a quick search over in the pharmacy forum, there are quite a few threads for this subject.

Since I haven't taken the NAPLEX yet, I don't know what is in it, and I have a feeling that like the PCAT, you cannot really discuss what is in the test. But there are books for you to study. Some schools even offer the course to help students prepare for the test. If you don't pass it the first time, I think you have to pay to take it again. I don't know what happens to someone who doesn't pass it after 2 times. My guess is that you just pay more money and take the test again.

Just enjoy the summer.

well wat i wanted to know mainly was if NAPLEX tested u in pharm subjects or in Pharm LAW or tests you oin every thing one has learned in the PHARM D..

and a,lso i wanna know if once can work in marketing with the Pharm D if one doesnt clear the NAPLAX.

Members don't see this ad :)
They can ask u anything on the NAPLEX Exam. However, the nice thing about naplex is you actually can miss ridiculously a bunch of questions and still PASS. Don't ask me why...So no stress. That's why most people pass. Right now, it's too early for you to worry about NAPLEX given the fact that you are not yet in PharmD program (though u soon to be in...)

well wat i wanted to know mainly was if NAPLEX tested u in pharm subjects or in Pharm LAW or tests you oin every thing one has learned in the PHARM D..

and a,lso i wanna know if once can work in marketing with the Pharm D if one doesnt clear the NAPLAX.

From my extensive knowledge on the subject (1 friend that took this in June) the following is what he told me.

Two tests, NAPLEX and state exam. The state exam was all of the law mumbo jumbo (of course each state's exam will vary, this was the Arizona one)

The NAPLEX is over your education. It is the same as medical school where you take your boards. The test I assume is designed to make sure you are competent enough on your education to practice pharmacy. You need not be worried, I have yet to hear of a school with less than 90% passage rate on the first try.

If you fail the first try, there is a 6 month wait period. If he had failed, he would have continued to work as an intern till making another attempt.

I assume if you didn't get a license to practice, you'd still be able to teach but please don't take that as I am an authority on the subject because I am not. that was an assumption and the rest was the word of one person.

besides you have 3/4 years to worry about it.

Posting the same thread in multiple forums is not generally approved. I've moved the Pre-pharm thread to the pharm thread and merged the two since there were responses in both threads.

Regarding your questions did you read the other posts.

The One titled "Just took the 2006 NAPLEX exam and...." seems to address your question quite nicely.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=295270

Also if you look at the threads for study guides you might get a good idea what books you can get to study for the exam. Since study materials would obviously cover what is on the test, perhaps a study guide is what you need.

In terms of your second question, marketing generally doesn't even require PharmD, let alone licensing. If you don't pass pharmacy school/NAPLEX on the first try it may be an avenue to pursue until you do pass.

The law exam seems to be more difficult than NAPLEX.
it is too early for you to worry over NAPLEX.Kelly, you are right.