National AAFP Conference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

voltron77

4th year Medical Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone out there has attended the National AAFP Conference for Residents and Medical Students conference held every eyar in Kansas City, MO?

Any suggestions for places to stay, what exhibits to visit. important networking?

Please let me know when you can. Thanks.

Voltron77 :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am going. I plan to stay at the host hotel and am going to the webpage to register as we speak! Thanks for reminding me.

It is best to stay in the host hotel. That way you are walking distance from the conference. I attended during the summer between my third and fourth year of medical school and found it to be a great experience. There will be booths set up of representatives from most of the Family Medicine Residency programs all across the country. It is a good way to get information about different programs. This is an aspect of the conference you definitely want to take advantage of. I do not know where in the country you are looking to do your residency but I recommend you go by the South Carolina program booth. There will be representatives from all eight programs there. Although SC is a small state it has very strong Family Medicine programs. I would say that the education you get at these programs rival any state in the country. Besides getting a good education, the weather is great, the pay at all of the programs is good, and the cost of living in SC is low. I am getting ready to start my second year at a program here in SC and I have loved every minute of it. Even if SC is currently not on the top of your list of states to look at, I encourage you to go by and talk with the programs. I think you will be very impressed with what your see and hear.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went last year and I think it is a great conference to get to meet people and become familiar with the various residency programs. I'm sure by now you already have your hotel but the Doubletree or the Marriott are the way to go. Good luck to you.

I attended this year's conference and it was awesome. I plan on going again next year. It's definately worth the trip to KC.

I am planning on going to the AAFP conference too. I am coming from Baltimore. I am looking for someone to split a hotel. I am coming on Wendsday night and leaving Saturday. My email is [email protected] or you can call me at (410)-935-6124. hope to hear from you!