National Academy of Future Physicians

Dr Quinn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently sent a letter from the "National Academy of Future Physicians" congratulating me on being recognized as a scholar to represent my state at the "Congress of Future Medical Leaders". They tell me that it is because of my outstanding grades (4.0 GPA in Dual Enrollment, High school and college). Obviously they tell me how much of an honor this is, how it will help me apply to colleges if I attend. And obviously, there is a cost to attend this conference.

So my question is, is this legitimate? If this is real, then it's a great opportunity for me, but if it isn't then I'm throwing money away. I want this to be legitimate, but I'm also very much a skeptic.
Can anyone help? Any knowledge of this organization?

Members don't see this ad.

I got that letter too, I'm assuming it is not legit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably a giant waste of money. It isn't going to help your app and you would have to wade through a sea of neurotic, pre-med gunners.

Definitely not worth the money.

It will never affect your admissions to anywhere. Save that money. Put it in a stock portfolio and in 3 years when you are getting ready for the MCAT use it for MCAT study supplies and by then it'll go from like 4k to like 5.5k. Trust me.

Yep, I think I got these in the mail multiple times throughout high school. It was too much for my family to afford, so I never went. As above posters have said though, I highly doubt it will do anything to get you prepped for med school. There are plenty of other (free) programs out there sponsored by actual colleges such as SMDEP which will give a better insight into the medical profession.

Good luck!

Every kid gets those. It's cool if your parents have money they don't need. Don't pay the ridiculous amounts to go see a cadaver lab and shadow someone. Stay away from these things. It's a money making scheme, they don't give 2 shi*s about you.

You will run into this stuff in college too. The college makes "public" via records of everyone's grades. If you make above a 3.25 cGPA in college you will get a few invites into the honors society. If you dish out the money just to have it on your record, then it won't pull much weight.

The only thing worth while joining in college is Phi Beta Kappa, which is something you're invited into only and is the oldest honor society in the states.