Pharmacy in the future?

ayexsapanda

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm currently a rising junior in high school. I've started to explore potential job careers for myself, and my friend told me to be a pharmacist. I know that being a pharmacist is a rewarding job, but I think that by the time I graduate, pharmacy will be going downhill, because there are currently many pharmacists where I live (New York). Can anyone tell me if pharmacy will be a good career choice for me when I graduate from college? Also, I took a college level course (AP Chemistry) during my sophomore year in high school, and I failed the AP test... Does that mean that I'm not fit for pharmacy? Thanks for answering :) have a blessed day.

Members don't see this ad.

Your AP test doesn't predict your ability to do well in college. College is very very different from high school. As far as pharmacy: you'll have to decide for yourself, shadow some pharmacists and ask them what they think about where the field is going. I don't know much about pharmacy but I know that where I live at least it is grossly over saturated.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Head over to the Pharmacy forum

Passion often drives work ethic. Work ethic is defined, in my mind by intensity x duration. With proper work ethic you can do pharmacy. When I started medical school I failed the first two tests. I ended med school scoring one of the highest at my school on boards.

Failure is an ipppurnity to see your deficits and become stronger

Reactions: 1 user