1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

National Boards Part 1 &2 ranking

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by baracuda, Nov 25, 2001.

1. baracuda

baracuda Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone know how I can get the ranking of all dental school's performances on the national boards? Is there a web site that gives this info?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. waiting

waiting Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

None that I know of...usually most schools will tell u during your interview if you ask them (at least a rough figure, like top 25%, etc.) and sometimes give you the exact figure....which is usually the case when they're looking to brag about their scores more (e.g., Harvard, UConn, Columbia)....Now I just mentioned those 3 schools, which "happened" to be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd on Part I last year....What do they all have in common?? At all 3 of those schools you take the basic science classes with the med students....Hence, you learn a ton of science, more so than probably any other schools, and do well when it comes time for boards....does this automatically mean you'll get a better education? Highly debatable, as there are pros and cons to receiving a more broader medical background rather than focusing mainly on the oral cavity....e.g., like it coming at the expense of u not learning much about the mouth until your 3rd yr......but, I won't argue either case, at least not yet....hope this helps!