National Conference 2008 Roll Call!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sophiejane

Exhausted
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's with me?! :)

I'm so excited, it's my first time to go. I will be manning (or womanning) our booth much of the time, but I hope I can sneak off to a few presentations.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm hearing hints that I will be there - again.

I had a reasonably fun time last year. It's hot outside and the food was pretty bad. Best bring some of your own.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hells yeah!

I wonder why I'm getting all these pamphlets in the mail about FM residencies...oh wait they all list a booth number to visit...hmm. :rolleyes:

I wonder why I'm getting all these pamphlets in the mail about FM residencies...oh wait they all list a booth number to visit...hmm. :rolleyes:

They are also sending practice opportunities that you might want to investigate as you near graduation.

Who's with me?! :)

I'm so excited, it's my first time to go. I will be manning (or womanning) our booth much of the time, but I hope I can sneak off to a few presentations.

just curious...who is sponsoring the conference?

They are also sending practice opportunities that you might want to investigate as you near graduation.

Graduation from medical school? :confused:

Or from residency?

The event is focused on med students, but recruiters (for jobs AFTER residency) have booths there also.

The goal of most recruiters is just to make some contacts and pick up some valid email addresses. It's a very competitive market these days, so they're looking for every angle they can find. Lots of students hang around those booths, too, mostly because it's fun to think about what things will be like after going through all the work of medical training.

Last edited:
For those of you who have attended the NC before, is there a dress code? Do I need to bring dress shirts/ties/slacks, etc?

If you go, say hi to Jan at the UCD Fam Med Booth.

Cheers,

JB