Roy3333

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Does anyone have the official document for the number of class 1 cme's that equals one retirement point? I seem to remember it being 3:1, but my unit is trying to tell me it is 5:1. I want to show them the official document, if possible. Thanks in advance!

Blut4Oil

7+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2011
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Does anyone have the official document for the number of class 1 cme's that equals one retirement point? I seem to remember it being 3:1, but my unit is trying to tell me it is 5:1. I want to show them the official document, if possible. Thanks in advance!

http://www.ngbpdc.ngb.army.mil/pubs/680/ngr680_2_19_august_2011.pdf

Appendix C

“1 IDT point maximum each day for a meeting of at least 4 hours. These periods will not
be scheduled or performed on a day on which any other type of training or duty is performed…
…including Continuing Medical Education/Continuing Health Education (CME/CHE) approved by
the State Surgeon…”

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Not sure where the regs live, but as of about a year or two ago, we have been told that CME-based retirement points only come from when we are on orders (and getting paid).

About the Ads

majman16

7+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
CME for can be considered "completed military approved correspondence courses" and will be rewarded 1 IDT point for each 3 credit hours completed in one day (not rewarded for fewer than 3 credits). This is according to NGR 680-2 Appendix C table C-1, rule 5. YOU MUST NOT BE IN A PAID STATUS in order to claim these points and you can't get more than 2 points (6 ceu) per given calendar day.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.