Screamapillar

7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm applying to medical school in the upcoming cycle but I still have ~3 years left on my NG contract. I'm currently an 11A Infantry Officer. I have a few questions as I prepare to apply.

1) What forms do I need? I believe I need a DD 368 to apply to USUHS, but otherwise I'm not sure I need anything else signed by my leadership? I'm not planning on applying to HPSP.

2) Is there a way I can switch MOS's easily during medical school to get into one with a low op-tempo? Infantry seems to drill harder than most, with a lot of MUTA 10's and 12's and long AT's. Could I use my med school status to get into med services easily, maybe as an XO or something? Obviously I can request a branch transfer but I don't want to go to another BOLC or CCC any time in the near future.

3) Has anyone been in the guard in an M-day capacity during med school? It seems like it would be tough but I'm not sure what else I can do with my contract, I don't need to wait 3-4 more years given I've already waited 5 since I graduated.

Thanks for the help!

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.