NAU DPT Fall 2016 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My brother got an email saying he was 68th on he waitlist

That's not bad considering last year someone up to 41st got in. Hopefully he gets a shot :)

Members don't see this ad.

That's not bad considering last year someone up to 41st got in. Hopefully he gets a shot :)

Currently 48th on the list... hoping I have a shot too! Does anyone know how deep they usually make the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Currently 48th on the list... hoping I have a shot too! Does anyone know how deep they usually make the waitlist?
At my interview, one of the students said they went to at least #45 last year but I'm not sure the exact number.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they send all the acceptances and wait lists at once? I'm surprised I haven't heard anything good or bad.

Does anyone know if they send all the acceptances and wait lists at once? I'm surprised I haven't heard anything good or bad.
I haven't heard anything back yet either, I'm pretty sure it is not being sent out all at once. I just really hope we hear back by today!

I haven't heard anything back yet either, I'm pretty sure it is not being sent out all at once. I just really hope we hear back by today!

Same here. The suspense feels like a raffle but they are only announcing every other name or cut to a commercial break haha

Same here. The suspense feels like a raffle but they are only announcing every other name or cut to a commercial break haha
Right? I'm dying here! I feel like all my friends already know their fate and here I am dangling in suspense

Did anyone receive emails today?

Did anyone receive emails today?

Nope. And I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I've seen some people have gotten into Phoenix but has anyone been placed in Flagstaff yet?

Nope. And I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I've seen some people have gotten into Phoenix but has anyone been placed in Flagstaff yet?
I know someone who went to flagstaff but wanted phx. I'm sure we will here something back eventually, I am really confident with my application and I would be surprised if I didn't get in or at waitlisted at minimum. It's just frustrating that they sent out some and not the rest

Does anyone know if NAU calls their waitlist an "alternate" list? Or do they actually have two lists, like some med schools?

Asking for... a friend.

Does anyone know if NAU calls their waitlist an "alternate" list? Or do they actually have two lists, like some med schools?

Asking for... a friend.

I think it is called an alternate list. I talked to John Hammond today, the program coordinator, and he said they took 70 on the alternate list this year. Last year it was 50 and they went through all of them.

So if you haven't heard then its bad news?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it is called an alternate list. I talked to John Hammond today, the program coordinator, and he said they took 70 on the alternate list this year. Last year it was 50 and they went through all of them.
So did he say if they are sending out more emails? There are still quite a few people waiting to hear back including myself

I just got an email saying they sent everything out to the accepted applicants

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum but I interviewed for NAU and am #19 on the alternate list...

Anyone know how quickly people heard if they got in or not from the alternate list last year?

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum but I interviewed for NAU and am #19 on the alternate list...

Anyone know how quickly people heard if they got in or not from the alternate list last year?
Does your email say waitlist or alternate?

It's the same thing. I believe they are written individually with some parts copy and pasted over since they all have lots of the same info. If they are in a waitlist and have a number they are an alternate. Hope this helps.

Well if anyone is attending the Phoenix site I'll see you there!

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you on the alternate list, did anyone recieve a response back or confirmation after emailing them the signed form?

For those of you on the alternate list, did anyone recieve a response back or confirmation after emailing them the signed form?
After I sent my acceptance I didn't get anything. I had to call them to make sure they got it.

I didn't get any confirmation either. I called the other day and left a message with the receptionist, but haven't heard back.

I didn't get any confirmation either. I called the other day and left a message with the receptionist, but haven't heard back.
When I sent mine I politely asked for a response as receipt. John was able to provide me with such and they followed up when they received my deposit.

Did you ever get a reply?

It was bad news- not even waitlisted. :arghh:
My interview didn't go great, so I'm bummed out but not particularly surprised. NAU puts a lot of emphasis on the interview and cum GPA, both of which were the weakest parts of my app. Ah, well. Got in pretty much everywhere else, so guess I'll just have to move. :(

My interview didn't go great, so I'm bummed out but not particularly surprised. NAU puts a lot of emphasis on the interview and cum GPA, both of which were the weakest parts of my app. Ah, well. Got in pretty much everywhere else, so guess I'll just have to move. :(
This makes me sad :( Luckily you got in elsewhere—so there's a positive—and I'm sure you'll make a great PT regardless of where you go to school :)

This makes me feel better about not getting an interview with them! My undergrad GPA was like 3.4 but I figured they'd look more at my post-bac since I originally graduated in 2001. If they're primarily looking at cumulative, I get why they flat out rejected me.

Has anyone heard anymore about how far they've gone through the alternate list...?

Has anyone heard anymore about how far they've gone through the alternate list...?

Don't know that it has since Friday... I'd email John if you want to know. From previous threads, they move about 20-30ish spots in around 3 months.

Although I don't know how long alternates get to put down a deposit. I'm guessing two weeks

Last edited:
The alternates that have been notified get until the 24th to put down their deposit.

Thanks everyone! So I'm assuming the next group of people would hear after the 24th...?

I got into NAU Flagstaff! Anyone else hear yet?

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone started a forum or facebook group for those accepted..?

Has anyone started a forum or facebook group for those accepted..?
Nope. I think somebody will do that a little farther down the road once the waitlist has stopped moving so fast. They're on #36 right now.

I got in to the Flagstaff campus!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I got into the Flagstaff campus!!!!

big congrats to everyone accepted so far! how exciting! AceStrata was Flagstaff your preference? anyone know if they are still accepting people into Phoenix campus still?

Flagstaff is my heart's preference, but I chose Phoenix. I did so because I can save money and not have to worry about everything that goes on with moving--since I already live in Phoenix.

The Phoenix campus is full and they are not currently accepting anyone else. You get in to the program as well, azPT33?

I wish everyone else luck that has yet to hear!

Flagstaff is my heart's preference, but I chose Phoenix. I did so because I can save money and not have to worry about everything that goes on with moving--since I already live in Phoenix.

The Phoenix campus is full and they are not currently accepting anyone else. You get in to the program as well, azPT33?

I wish everyone else luck that has yet to hear!

Awesome! Congrats :) So you were offered flagstaff but were able to choose Phoenix? I'm 39 on the alternate list and hoping for Phoenix :)

No, I am currently attending Flagstaff. I heard you cannot change assignment, but know of some who have. I'm sure if you could, there'd be a list of people ahead of you--people like shiny new facilities. I am just happy I got in. You should hear word shortly if any one else declines. I hope you get a shot if it's your top choice. Good luck and hopefully you can post if you get offered a seat :)

Has anyone heard where they are at on the alternate list recently?

Has anyone heard where they are at on the alternate list recently?
When I asked John last Monday I was number 11, I started at 48. He said the Phoenix campus was full and there were still some offers at Flagstaff they were waiting to hear on

I got into NAU Flagstaff! Anyone else hear yet?
I am got into Flagstaff as well! Do you recall their start date? I still haven't gotten a ton of information from them regarding the program....

I am got into Flagstaff as well! Do you recall their start date? I still haven't gotten a ton of information from them regarding the program....
I am not completely sure yet... I have sent everything to them, I'm just waiting for a confirmation of my ASU transcripts and then I think they allow you to register for classes.

I am not completely sure yet... I have sent everything to them, I'm just waiting for a confirmation of my ASU transcripts and then I think they allow you to register for classes.
Gotchya! Yeah I got an email to register for classes but I have no idea what to register for. I'm going to send the department an email about next steps.