NAVLE DEC 2019 TEST SCORES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ForeignVET79

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody is like me, checking their mail box constantly about their NAVLE December 2019 scores being released (hopefully this week). I really hope they can release it before January 16 as I would like to go to VMX 2020 and passing or not is a big deal for me (like, being it a treat or back to studying) - LOL.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It should hopefully be released some time this week. No one has a clue when so I'd just try to keep your mind busy on other things :) It'll come when it comes

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone needs to feel better about their experience, just know that I got the stomach flu during the NAVLE. It started during the third of six sections. I did still manage to finish the exam with a garbage can in hand.

I'm not sure how the chips will fall for me this test. I will be upset if I have to take it again, but mostly because I don't have a spare $700 laying around. I'm trying to stay positive and hope that I'll still pass despite being incredibly distracted through that whole second half.

Anyway, if you weren't puking through your exam into the night then I'd say you're already in a better position to pass! I hope you get a good chuckle out of this as I do now (even though there may have been tears the day of) and good luck to everyone!!! We got this!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I was doing extremely well not thinking about it until about Friday last week. Once that day hit, I realized it could be any time now. Every time my phone dings with an email I scramble to check! My guess is maybe Wednesday or Thursday this week!

If anyone needs to feel better about their experience, just know that I got the stomach flu during the NAVLE. It started during the third of six sections. I did still manage to finish the exam with a garbage can in hand.

I'm not sure how the chips will fall for me this test. I will be upset if I have to take it again, but mostly because I don't have a spare $700 laying around. I'm trying to stay positive and hope that I'll still pass despite being incredibly distracted through that whole second half.

Anyway, if you weren't puking through your exam into the night then I'd say you're already in a better position to pass! I hope you get a good chuckle out of this as I do now (even though there may have been tears the day of) and good luck to everyone!!! We got this!

NOOOO this is awful! NALVE is long enough when you're feeling well, I'm sorry you had to suffer being sick on top of that. Hoping we all pass!

Out of all the irrational fears I had prior to taking the NAVLE, puking through it wasn't one of them :vomit: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOL - thank you all! It is my first time sitting this test as I graduated abroad as a veterinarian. It was a hassle with the BCSE (it is like a mini NAVLE) until I had some guidance how things worked in the USA, so I was able to pass it. I am so sorry SchatziLife!!! You can laugh now but I believe you had it the worse....the NAVLE by itself is enough...sitting it sick is OMG! I know that all we can do is wait....but VMX is around the corner from where I live, so if I pass the test I would like to use my CE stipend for it...if I do not pass it then I will use this stipend to repay for my NAVLE (I work as a vet tech until I get my DVM here in the US), so it would be great to get the results before January 16....

I’m currently away from home at an externship, and the clinician here was so sweet today. I joked that I needed to shut my phone off this week so I don’t look at my results while I’m at the clinic (in case i don’t pass and get sad). she said we could all look together and if for some reason I didn’t pass she’d give me “a huggie and a cookie”

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I’m currently away from home at an externship, and the clinician here was so sweet today. I joked that I needed to shut my phone off this week so I don’t look at my results while I’m at the clinic (in case i don’t pass and get sad). she said we could all look together and if for some reason I didn’t pass she’d give me “a huggie and a cookie”

That was so sweet indeed! I had to call off work today as I am sick and then I was hoping for a quiet day in bed to see if I could get better (can't keep anything down with multiple trips to the bathroom) when in one of those trips I noticed that there was water leaking from my toilet base...had to call a plumber...toiled repaired but plumber suggested calling a septic company as he believes the problem comes from there also....and until then, nobody use the bathroom. So this week has started kinda "s$%^^&" for me - LOL and I will not be surprised if I get an email saying that I failed it because when things start to go down that road, normally other follows - LOL

That was so sweet indeed! I had to call off work today as I am sick and then I was hoping for a quiet day in bed to see if I could get better (can't keep anything down with multiple trips to the bathroom) when in one of those trips I noticed that there was water leaking from my toilet base...had to call a plumber...toiled repaired but plumber suggested calling a septic company as he believes the problem comes from there also....and until then, nobody use the bathroom. So this week has started kinda "s$%^^&" for me - LOL and I will not be surprised if I get an email saying that I failed it because when things start to go down that road, normally other follows - LOL

No! So sorry to hear you’re sick. Don’t think like that about your NAVLE; we’ve all done our best and that’s all we can ask for. Hopefully we all get some good news this week!

If we don’t get results back this week I’m going to have a stern talking to with ICVA...

No! So sorry to hear you’re sick. Don’t think like that about your NAVLE; we’ve all done our best and that’s all we can ask for. Hopefully we all get some good news this week!

If we don’t get results back this week I’m going to have a stern talking to with ICVA...

LOL thank you! Septic issue just sorted. It was the filter (phew!). I am really looking forward to the results this week as I want so badly to go to VMX next weekend...if I pass I will go, if I don't, I will use my CE stipend to repay for my NAVLE...so that is what is in for me....as if I passed the NAVLE I still need to save up for my practical exam anyway...so there goes another year or more saving more to become a vet here in the US but at least it is one step closer :D

Did you guys see their news posting about ICVA office being closed until next Tuesday? I hope that doesn’t mean we have to wait till next week to know if we passed.

Members don't see this ad :)
They said if they are ready while they are out of the office, they will post them anyway, so no delays due to the closure!

Oh really?! Awesome!

I am not sure about this guys....I phoned them today a few hours ago as I would like to know if they could tell me if they are going to post the results till this Friday or next week only as people at my job are waiting for my results so we can book the hotel together to go to VMX...I am the only one not registered because I am waiting for the results (is I pass I go, if I do not pass I will not go and use my CE stipend to repay for the test) and although the lady who answered the phone was very nice and polite she told me the following: "we are not posting them today. I do not know if they are coming out this week or next week but we do not post them over the weekend as there is nobody here to assist you in case you need help". So...I am confused now because that is the info I got....and now you are saying about this news on their webpage....I guess I am not going to the VMX (**sad face**) as I will not know the results until then....

I am not sure about this guys....I phoned them today a few hours ago as I would like to know if they could tell me if they are going to post the results till this Friday or next week only as people at my job are waiting for my results so we can book the hotel together to go to VMX...I am the only one not registered because I am waiting for the results (is I pass I go, if I do not pass I will not go and use my CE stipend to repay for the test) and although the lady who answered the phone was very nice and polite she told me the following: "we are not posting them today. I do not know if they are coming out this week or next week but we do not post them over the weekend as there is nobody here to assist you in case you need help". So...I am confused now because that is the info I got....and now you are saying about this news on their webpage....I guess I am not going to the VMX (**sad face**) as I will not know the results until then....
Thats what she told me last friday.. i guess we have no choice but to wait. Good luck

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not sure I like that they are telling us things aren't being posted today. I don't want us inundating them with calls every day asking if today is the day!

Apparently they just posted this today.
Screenshot_20200115-000028_Chrome.jpg

And I totally realized it was mentioned before and I didn't read the post thoroughly enough

yeap...so I guess...January 21st is going to be the date or after it

So they will be delaying the release of the scores? Or if they come in while they are out of the office they will release them anyways?

hiiiiii was this link availible before? I don't remember seeing a link to the portal prior to today. and the FAQ says the portal becomes availible within 24 hours of score release... could this mean later today or tomorrow? or has this link always been availible and I just only found it today?

hiiiiii was this link availible before? I don't remember seeing a link to the portal prior to today. and the FAQ says the portal becomes availible within 24 hours of score release... could this mean later today or tomorrow? or has this link always been availible and I just only found it today?

Hayley,

I’ve visited this page before! It has simply been inactive. However I wasn’t able to find it from the website; I had to google score portal. We’re you able to navigate to it on the site?!

Also, has anyone tried to login to the score portal? I figured out it’s the same login page as the admissions permit. Apparently last year i the scores had been uploaded prior to the email being sent out and someone figured it out by logging in!

This is the link: http://examinee.nbme.org/documents/ICVA

I’m scared to try!!

Also, has anyone tried to login to the score portal? I figured out it’s the same login page as the admissions permit. Apparently last year i the scores had been uploaded prior to the email being sent out and someone figured it out by logging in!

This is the link: http://examinee.nbme.org/documents/ICVA

I’m scared to try!!

Re the portal -- found via google, I just hadn't seen it before and thought maybe was new. Oh well.
I tried to log in yesterday to that and no luck.

edit : tried again today. No luck still.

Re the portal -- found via google, I just hadn't seen it before and thought maybe was new. Oh well.
I tried to log in yesterday to that and no luck.

edit : tried again today. No luck still.

DANG. I thought maybe it was posted to the website. The wait continues.

Well, as soon as one of us manages to see any change (receive email or log into portal or whatever), let's tell each other here :)

Questions to the ALREADY VETERINARIANS in the USA: when you get your score email, does it say in the heading already "congratulations" or "you passed" or do you have to actually log into the account to find out your score? I ask because for the BCSE it tells you straight away on the email when you open it that you passed it....

Today, when I try to go to the score portal it tells me that the server couldn’t be reached. Maybe they’re working on opening the portal??

Today, when I try to go to the score portal it tells me that the server couldn’t be reached. Maybe they’re working on opening the portal??

Who knows? - LOL. When I tried it said that I had no documents to be viewed right from the log in page.

I just want to say that whatever the score is, YOU, dear VETERINARIAN STUDENT are already a veterinarian :) That is the profession that you dreamed of and worked hard to become. I know a lot of vets here in the US that say they would not go to vet school again and that makes me sad...because you once dreamed of becoming one and it is like giving up on your dream because of the pressure we suffer in this field (But I am not judging as each one of us knows our limits and when we had enough).

I am already a veterinarian in my birth country and I am doing this path again now in the USA my beloved chosen country to live and spend the rest of my life. It is like doing school all over again as the ECFVG program is not easy and taking the NAVLE is only a part of it. Being a vet is amazing. I loved every single moment of it and I miss it so if I do not pass it this time I will keep trying. Remember, this exam does not define you or your competency of being a great vet in the future. Some people do excellent in exams like these and badly in practical tests and the opposite is also true.

And please remember, once you are a DVM, think back at these moments you are going through as a student now. There will be other students under your wings in the future, learning from you. Be patient, be kind, help them learn. Not everyone of us learn at the same speed and pace but we are all capable of learning with the right teacher/mentor/method.

Let's keep waiting up - LOL!

Reactions: 3 users
Someone else was told that they wouldn’t release the scores before the 20th since no one would be in the office to help out with any log in issues. ‍

When was this? I called on Tuesday and was told by the person who answered that she would be taking her laptop with her and would release scores of they were available to be released.
I emailed yesterday (no chill here) and she said: "we do not have an exact date when the NAVLE score reports will be completed and released yet, but it is usually in the middle part of January. As soon as the reports are ready we will email everyone instructions on how to access their individual score reports. As you can tell, I've brought my computer to the meeting, so there will be no delay in releasing the scores if they come out while we are out of the office". So, yay!

I emailed yesterday (no chill here) and she said: "we do not have an exact date when the NAVLE score reports will be completed and released yet, but it is usually in the middle part of January. As soon as the reports are ready we will email everyone instructions on how to access their individual score reports. As you can tell, I've brought my computer to the meeting, so there will be no delay in releasing the scores if they come out while we are out of the office". So, yay!
Haha thats the exact email I got too, I bet they got the same question often!

Questions to the ALREADY VETERINARIANS in the USA: when you get your score email, does it say in the heading already "congratulations" or "you passed" or do you have to actually log into the account to find out your score? I ask because for the BCSE it tells you straight away on the email when you open it that you passed it....
No, you log in and it will just have a box that has your quantitative score and if you pass failed. then it will have a breakdown of how you performed in the different sections.

For anyone skimming, posted above is an old report from a previous year. :)

My guess is that's when they are uploading the scores.

My guess is that's when they are uploading the scores.
Nevermind i see it now, slightly delayed notice on my side. Maybe..... they're gonna do maintenance after they upload the scores haha. Cause if they're uploading it overnight Saturday it sounds like we wouldn't know until next week....

No, you log in and it will just have a box that has your quantitative score and if you pass failed. then it will have a breakdown of how you performed in the different sections.
Thank you!