Navy AEGD/GPR Selections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blockdds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the selection board met 23 NOV 2009. Anyone hear yet about where they got selected or how we will be notified?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm dieing to know this as well. Haven't heard a thing yet. I believe it will just be posted in a weekly dental update.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I just found out I'm going to the Camp Pendleton AEGD. It wasmy first choice so I'm stoked. I got tired of waiting so I just called Lydia Sampson and she told me.

Hey co-resident! I just found out this week about AEGD at Camp Pendleton. My first choice, as well.

I'll be going to GPR Portsmouth...all the selections were in a WDU on thursday...call CAPT George the junior dental corps detailer to find out your location...anyone else going to Portsmouth???

can you attach the WDU??? Or post it?? For some reason I didn't get the latest version.

I received the Norfolk, VA AEGD. I think there are 8 others than myself. Let me know if you got in.

did everyone here get one of their top 3 choices?

Does anyone know when the Navy AEGDs start date typically is and when we have to report (specifically if we already attended ODS)?

Does anyone know when the Navy AEGDs start date typically is and when we have to report (specifically if we already attended ODS)?
I think the starting date is determined by the program director and you. The director probably understands you need to take some time to relocate after graduation.

As of this moment, I didn't get selected. My school didn't process the dean's letter because the request was "MIA" and due to some administrative error the Navy didn't let me know that until after the selection committee met. Unfortunately, Navy doesn't utilize the civilian post match program. I am screwed.

Question,

I just found out that I got into Camp Pendelton.
I need to confirm my selection by this Wednesday. I visited the program in August. But I would like to hear from someone who has gone through the program or a resident that is there right now about your experience. Did you do a lot clinically? did you learn alot? what is the program lacking and what is it strong in? extractions? perio surgery? endo? prosth? ortho? I know they have an attending in every specialty, but I heard in some other AEGD programs they don't get to do nearly as much as the people in the credentialing tour in that location.
Please let me know....someone?

Thanks guys :)

Anyone other than me headed to the AEGD at Camp Lejeune?

Question,

I just found out that I got into Camp Pendelton.
I need to confirm my selection by this Wednesday. I visited the program in August. But I would like to hear from someone who has gone through the program or a resident that is there right now about your experience. Did you do a lot clinically? did you learn alot? what is the program lacking and what is it strong in? extractions? perio surgery? endo? prosth? ortho? I know they have an attending in every specialty, but I heard in some other AEGD programs they don't get to do nearly as much as the people in the credentialing tour in that location.
Please let me know....someone?

Thanks guys :)

bump