Navy HPSP Radiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ObscureGoat2196

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently an OMS-III and trying to find out information on Radiology Match. My current understanding is that radiology requires a transition year prior to beginning an actual rads residency. However I have several questions about this specialty that I am having a difficult time finding the answers to and would appreciate someone clarifying.

Questions:
1. Certain specialties in the Navy will allow FTOS or NADDS if there is more spots available than MTF training positions. Is this the case in Radiology? I understand this changes based on the year and the "needs of the navy" but is it common for this to be the case for rads?
2. After TY, are you guaranteed a spot in radiology? If Yes, where will it be at the MTF where you completed your TY. If no, what happens in terms of specialty?
3. Do you still need to rotate at an MTF in radiology if your desire is to do FTOS or NADDS?

*I feel like I know the answer to Q3 (yes, because you have to go through MODS i.e. they need to know who you are)

My biggest question is Q1 and I would just like to taper my expectations and use my audition rotations wisely so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.