Navy HSCP for Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atlasw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am hoping someone will be able to provide some more info and/or share their recent experience with the Navy HSCP program as a pharmacist.

The main questions I have are:
  • How many slots are allotted for pharmacy yearly?
  • How is the competition?
  • Is GPA based on Pharmacy GPA or cumulative from undergrad?

Members don't see this ad.

did you ever get information for this? I was told its only 3-10 pharmacists today. Very discouraging...

I talked to the Chief in charge of recruiting for medical in my area (Hawaii) and he said that last year there were only 4 slots nationwide for pharmacists.. that it's very competitive and your cumulative GPA is a major consideration.

It was discouraging but I guess it makes sense considering congress barely even wants to fund government these days...

Members don't see this ad :)
why only navy? you should consider all branches broadly. well, to be honest, all branches have very few amount of slot available.

why only navy? you should consider all branches broadly. well, to be honest, all branches have very few amount of slot available.

They each have different programs for pharmacists. Only the Navy has HSCP...

They each have different programs for pharmacists. Only the Navy has HSCP...

this may not be 100% accurate and most updated info but when I talked to Ret. Col who works as faculty member of pharmacy school, he told me that army can do pharmacy as 2 years of ROTC + 2 years of HPSP.

I don't think that sounds realistic though..