Navy HSCP Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zilla521

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted to medical school as part of a pre-acceptance partnership between my undergraduate school and the medical school. I wanted to pursue military medicine, but I found out I will not qualify for the HPSP since I will not have earned my bachelors when I start med school (I will receive my bachelors sometime during med school as part of the partnership). I saw in a previous forum that the Navy HSCP may not require a bachelors to start to the program. Is that true? What are my options to pay for med school?

Members don't see this ad.

Take out loans until you get your bachelors then get the 3-year HPSP scholarship? Not sure though...have you contacted a recruiter? In this case they actually might know more about your situation and how to deal with it.

Are you in one of those 6 year BS to MD programs?

Reactions: 1 user
Take out loans until you get your bachelors then get the 3-year HPSP scholarship? Not sure though...have you contacted a recruiter? In this case they actually might know more about your situation and how to deal with it.

Are you in one of those 6 year BS to MD programs?

I am planning on contacting a recruiter in the following week to see if I can find out more.

It is not a 6 year BS to MD program. It is called "Partners Program" and is through KCUMB. Basically, those who get accepted transfer from their undergrad school after their junior year to KCUMB.

Reactions: 1 user