Navy match date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csnitchl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the specific date of the match this year?

Members don't see this ad.

30 November

But I don't know when results are actually released. Sometime mid-December.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any of you know what time the Navy results will be available on the 15th? Thanks.

Last year the results were somewhat obscurely sent out via email in the early-to-mid morning.

Do any of you know what time the Navy results will be available on the 15th? Thanks.

They are usually posted in two ways: 1) Via Email and 2) on the site that you applied on using a password that is emailed or if memory serves me correctly you can also log in using your username/password you registered with.

They usually come out sometime mid morning. If you know the password they are sometimes actually posted a little earlier (maybe an hour or so, not days)

13 days and counting...! Anyone else peeing their pants with anticipation?

13 days and counting...! Anyone else peeing their pants with anticipation?
12 days .....

waiting on possible fellowship spot, fingers crossed

The crappy part...somewhere right now, somebody knows. They should just tell us.

"Diversity numbers?" I do not know what that means...

Members don't see this ad :)
"Diversity numbers?" I do not know what that means...

After about a year on active duty you will understand.

If you want a "nice" overview you can always take a look at CDR Salamander's blog which has a weekly post about DoD diversity.

Does anyone know if we get some sort of list of those who also matched into our program?

Used to be that the website with the results would have the names of everyone matching into the programs. If this has changed, you can always ask you program coordinator to get you in touch with other incoming members of your class.

Used to be that the website with the results would have the names of everyone matching into the programs. If this has changed, you can always ask you program coordinator to get you in touch with other incoming members of your class.

Thanks, J-Rad.

Just from appearances the Intern match website still has a link for the entire list. The GME2 website does not have that same link; however, it may appear in a few days.

Beyond the website those who applied also usually receive the lists in email format which lists everyone who matched or was an alternate.

As J-Rad mentioned, I'm sure if you wrote the program director of the program you match in they'd be more than happy to forward the list to you. It's not a closely guarded secret once released.

Just a few more days...

There have been three mentions of a results type website. Could one of you please post a link?

Thanks!

So, I just happened to look at my ERAS profile and only one of the 5 FP sites has even downloaded my application....what I'm really hoping, is that one site downloads it and prints it and then brings it to the board for everyone to look at...otherwise, feeling like I screwed something up. Anybody else notice this with their application? Any senior members with knowhow on the matter?

So, I just happened to look at my ERAS profile and only one of the 5 FP sites has even downloaded my application....what I'm really hoping, is that one site downloads it and prints it and then brings it to the board for everyone to look at...otherwise, feeling like I screwed something up. Anybody else notice this with their application? Any senior members with knowhow on the matter?

If memory serves me correctly don't you also submit the application via the Navy GME website?

That is the one that is looked at at the JSGMEB. I'm still trying to figure out why the military makes you submit an ERAS as well...:rolleyes:

Agreed. Our application and rank list is through the Navy GME website but I thought that our MSPE letter, LORs, and Board scores were supposed to be downloaded from ERAS.

Can someone please post the link. For the life of me, I can't seem to find where we downloaded the application the few months ago.

No, it is not posted as a NAVADMIN.

It is posted on the navmedmpte website where you submitted your application.

Check Here:

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/navmedmpte/gme/Pages/default.aspx

May only be accessible via military network though with the links currently posted.

https://nmmpte.med.navy.mil/gmeapplication/secure/ResultsList.asp

Historically, this direct link has worked when the results were posted. No clue if it will this year.

Navy results are usually out around noon EST.

Army knows, Air Force is getting their emails right now, Navy gets to wait. Go Navy!

got AF email at 815
matched for fellowship
yeah!

some navy folks are getting calls from program directors about matching, this is before the dang results have even been released. this is ridiculous.

Got an email from Mr. Pelot just before 10 this am. Matched FP in Camp Pendleton!

I got an email about an hour ago with a congratulatory letter that said where I matched and when we'd get orders, etc. This was followed by a call from the program director. I did not however get a link or a list of all the match results.

OB in SAN DIEGO!! WOOHOO! :-D

Got a text message this morning. Bethesda for me! As for the person who posted above about orders, did they when that would occur?

Got a text message this morning. Bethesda for me! As for the person who posted above about orders, did they when that would occur?
"The GME office at your internship site will contact you in February regarding your internship, orientation, reporting date, housing, etc..... Your orders to active duty will be prepared by the intern/medical student detailer at the Navy Personnel Command in Millington, TN. Your original orders will be sent to the Naval Recruiting District Office closest to your medical school around mid-April"

So there is no list???

Navy FTOS (Navy funded) civilian fellowship for me!

Now the hard part...where should I go? Harvard, Yale, MD Anderson, Mayo? So many choices :D

Some preliminary thoughts on Navy IM.

Only 21 R2s. Down from 30+ when I trained. Lots of pressure to generate GMOs I guess. Will be hard on the remaining residents. Can't see many outpatient months ahead.

Very few straight-through interns, although number typically increases when people decline training.

Some long-range FTOS fellowship selections (2013, wtf?).

Doesn't look like many residents were selected directly for fellowship. Solid competition from the fleet.

Large number of alternates for IM and subs.

Haven't counted interns. Probably won't bother.

Some preliminary thoughts on Navy IM.

Only 21 R2s. Down from 30+ when I trained. Lots of pressure to generate GMOs I guess. Will be hard on the remaining residents. Can't see many outpatient months ahead.

Where is the list?? the list????