Navy Medicine Recruiting Signs and billboards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

flightdoc09

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, so seriously, for those of you all that got out, aren't you ready to just call your recruiter right now and sign back up? There are even bigger billboards up with this ad. I'm so motivated I'm ready to give up specialty pay and go back to GMO/flight life.

On another, completely unrelated note, who thinks whoever is running recruiting for Navy medicine needs to be fired?

navy pha.jpg
 
As a former Army billboard model, I find this hilarious. But why does he have an ear piece, a mustache, and a snake emerging from his throat? He looks kind of like Joaquin Phoenix.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's ... weird.

Where was this billboard? At/near a hospital?

It looks like a bus stop.
Actually good point. This one I believe was near Sharp Grossmont Hospital. But someone else saw a much bigger billboard on the freeway. I'll have to ask where he saw it. Same picture/message, just different dimensions.

But still, how many civilian docs would understand PHA. And even if they did, who in their right mind would be motivated to join by having to deal with the mindless bureaucratic exercise in futility that is the PHA?
 
yikes.... the Navy might have missed the mark on that one.... #goarmybeatnavy

We can admire this new logo for the Army Nurse Corps 125 Anniversary for next year though! 😍

View attachment 411796
Nurses, eh?

This is a doctor forum.

Nurses are responsible for approximately 90% of the headaches in any hospital.

(The other 10% come from LPs in the ER.)
 
Nurses, eh?

This is a doctor forum.

Nurses are responsible for approximately 90% of the headaches in any hospital.

(The other 10% come from LPs in the ER.)
I agree with him it's a cool logo though tbf. I dig the throwback aesthetic.
 
yikes.... the Navy might have missed the mark on that one.... #goarmybeatnavy

We can admire this new logo for the Army Nurse Corps 125 Anniversary for next year though! 😍

View attachment 411796

Any such logo should include a silhouette of an over-bearing O-4/5, who's carrying a clipboard, and prefers to be called Major or Lt.Col , instead of 'Nurse'.