Navy Selection Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So Im guessing the results from Feb 20th board wont be available until early March since it takes two weeks to hear back from them? I only have till the 26th to either take Army's offer or forfeit it and I was hoping that the navy would let me know by then...

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard two different things. I've heard that the board met early Feb and results will be made available on Feb 20. I've also heard that the board meets on Feb. 20.

Members don't see this ad :)
I assume this is the second board overall? (the one meeting this wednesday)

So should we be expecting to hear the final decisions of the last boards tomorrow?

When will recruiters be able to find out who was selected?

My recruiter told me he would receive results by the 20th, so I would assume (and hope) we hear back today!

Okay, update from my recruiter - he said I've been professionally recommended and that it's safe to celebrate even though its not technically official yet. He said the reason why people haven't been awarded the scholarship just yet is because it takes anywhere from one month to 3 months after the board meets for the DoD to process the scroll form - once that's complete, it's official and you'll be notified. Basically if you've been professionally recommended and you haven't heard anything yet, it's because of the stupid form, but you'll get the HPSP.
Professionally recommended from who, the board or the professional Navy dentist that interviewed me for the application process? The Navy dentist that interviewed me said that he would "professionally recommend" me.

Members don't see this ad :)
My application was sent in on Jan 4th. I talked to my recruiter last Wed, Feb 13, she said my processor told her, their were no hang ups and my application was with the boards, and I would hear by today, Feb 20th, if I was awarded the HPSP scholarship. Not sure if that meant that the board had reviewed my app or not yet. I talked to my recruiter today, and she hadn't heard anything.

On another note...I got accepted to 2 schools on Dec 3, but only gave the USC letter of acceptance (LOA) to my recruiter to send with my application, because that's were I'm going. I'm worried that because USC is so expensive, the Navy might not accept me so they can give the scholarship to someone else that is going to a less expensive school. Anyone heard anything about this or have any suggestions?

DAT: AA 19, PAT 24
GPA: 3.49

Last edited:
Just got an email from my processor that I was professionally recommended this morning. My recruiter called me a few minutes later to say that professionally recommended means you got the HPSP scholarship, you just need to get AYS paperwork in before it becomes official. So the board must have sent that information out today on the 21 of Feb. :)

Congrats Afualo hope I get that same call today

Just got an email from my processor that I was professionally recommended this morning. My recruiter called me a few minutes later to say that professionally recommended means you got the HPSP scholarship, you just need to get AYS paperwork in before it becomes official. So the board must have sent that information out today on the 21 of Feb. :)

Congrats. Mind sharing your stats?

My recruiter just called me to tell me I got picked up for the scholarship. No email yet or anything. Says commissioning happens most likely in May. Hope you all hear goods news soon too.

Congrats to those who have heard back. I'm fighting the urge to call my recruiter!

I'm more nervous now than I was on Dec 3rd :/

To anyone who found out they got it today... Was the board yesterday ? or did the results just come in from a board earlier this month? This might make a difference for those of us just finished our applications in late January and may or may not have made the cutoff date for the most recent board review.

Ahh I'm nervous I won't get a call today, I want to call my recruiter!

did anyone hear about final selection yet? I was professionally recommended a couple weeks ago but no news since!

Just got an email from my recruiter that I was professionally recommended. He said that the committee will send the final selection letter soon.

Today was the day. Final select letter should be on the way shortly. Now to schedule ODS...how/when to do this? Between D1/D2?

Now that this is all becoming reality, I'm a little more nervous about the unknowns that come into play when you are talking about the Navy. Possibility of deployment, etc.

I guess they alternative is that the bank owns you for 10-20 yrs or the Navy owns you for at least four, right?

I guess they alternative is that the bank owns you for 10-20 yrs or the Navy owns you for at least four, right?

Depends on what school you go to. We just had a returning alumni come and talk to our class after being out 5 years and he now has no debt. ...I don't know how he did it considering how expensive our school is, but he says he has already paid it all off. Don't do the military for the financial aspect of it, do it because you want to serve.

Heard back yesterday from recruiter about being professionally recommended and was told this is just the next step for me towards either getting my scroll approved and getting the final select letter or being placed as an alternate. Nothing is finalized until I've received a final select letter (which ensures you've received the scholarship)...this is what I've been told. Kind of a bummer to hear!

When are they suppose to send out final select letters?

What is the ratio of professional recommendations to final select letters?

My recruiter made it sound like if you got the pro rec its just a matter of time before you sign. This is the first I've heard that its just another step in this never ending process.

Just got my official Navy- HPSP acceptance letter, GL guys!

2-3 weeks don't remember exactly when I was professionally recommended, my recruiter wasn't to clear on it. She just told me to send stuff in and just waited.

When are they suppose to send out final select letters?

What is the ratio of professional recommendations to final select letters?

My recruiter made it sound like if you got the pro rec its just a matter of time before you sign. This is the first I've heard that its just another step in this never ending process.

My recruiter mentioned that I should hear back anytime from now until another couple of weeks. Not exactly sure what the odds are of getting final select letters as I am still really unclear with this process. I've seen a lot of conflicting information :/.

Last edited:
Congrats. Mind sharing your stats?

My recruiter mentioned that I should hear back anytime from now until another couple of weeks. Not exactly sure what the odds are of getting final select letters as I am still really unclear with this process. I've seen a lot of conflicting information :/.

I just talked to my recruiter and she said that I should get a select letter within a week. She also said that at this point in the process everybody that gets a pro rec also gets a final select as long as they get their AYS doc back in a timely matter.

I just talked to my recruiter and she said that I should get a select letter within a week. She also said that at this point in the process everybody that gets a pro rec also gets a final select as long as they get their AYS doc back in a timely matter.

Thank you for the clarification! I really hope this is the same case for all of us!

Good stuff. Well congrats future shipmates, I look forward to meeting some of you guys at ODS!

Speaking of ODS, when do you guys plan on going?

I've had people tell me different things as far as when we can go to ODS. I'd prefer to get it done before matriculation this summer. I don't think I will have time or the desire while in school. After school I'd hate to not be able to practice for a few months because I'm waiting for ODS.

How long is ODS, and anyone knows when it would be this summer (specific dates)?