Other OT-Related Information NBCOT Pass Rates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AspiringOT16

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what determines a school's pass rate percentage? Are these the percentages of how many passed the first time taking the exam? Is it the percentage of students who passed in a given amount of time (for example within 6 months)?
Score Comparison

Members don't see this ad.

I am under the impression that is it the percentage of students who pass the exam within a year after finishing their academic work, regardless of number of attempts. I'm not sure how many times one can take the exam in a year. Does anyone have information on how frequent the exam is given?

I am under the impression that is it the percentage of students who pass the exam within a year after finishing their academic work, regardless of number of attempts. I'm not sure how many times one can take the exam in a year. Does anyone have information on how frequent the exam is given?

The exam can be taken three times. I believe there is some forms of procedure one must go through if any more attempts are needed. The first attempt must be within 6 month of graduation. If one were to not pass, one must wait 30 days to retake the exam. The test uses testing centers which are the same one that are used for GREs. As long as testing centers have spaces, the NBCOT can be taken whenever.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the exam by paper or on the computer? And how long is it?
The exam can be taken three times. I believe there is some forms of procedure one must go through if any more attempts are needed. The first attempt must be within 6 month of graduation. If one were to not pass, one must wait 30 days to retake the exam. The test uses testing centers which are the same one that are used for GREs. As long as testing centers have spaces, the NBCOT can be taken whenever.

Three attempts per year? Or just three attempts?
Three attempts per authorization which is a 90 day period. After 90 day period, new authorization needs to be granted.

Reactions: 1 user