NBDE 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allaboardthemolarexpress

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

I need some advice. I just recently took the NBDE Part 1 and unfortunately the results came back as a shock. I took NBDE Part 1 this summer and got a 74 so I was sure that this time was it. But I haven’t even taken the exam 2 weeks ago and the results already say Fail - I got a 74 again. I’m not sure if I should audit the exam because according to my breakdown what was my best section last exam was now my lowest. Ironically i’m a tutor in the subject (anatomy) and I don’t think the results are accurate. I’m getting nervous because this summer I will be transitioning into my 3rd year in dental school and I really wanted to apply for an orthodontic or a pediatric dentistry residency next year. I’d appreciate any help or advice because I’m truly shocked at my scenario.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What was your score breakdown from the first attempt compared to this attempt?

Attempt 1 - 74%
- Anatomy 65 correct (National Avg 63.5)
- Biochem/Physio 49 correct (National Avg 62.5)
- Micro/Path 58 correct (National Avg 64.4)
- Dental Anatomy 65 correct (National Avg 73.9)

Attempt 2 - 74%
- Anatomy 56 correct (National Avg 63.5)
- Biochem/Physio 59 correct (National Avg 62.5)
- Micro/Path 59 correct (National Avg 64.4)
- Dental Anatomy 58 correct (National Avg 73.9)

I'm super confused because I know more dental anatomy and anatomy now after taking classes last semester (D2 Fall) any advice would be great.

Reactions: 1 user