nbde exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bullmood

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hello.
When I pass the NBDE exam can I do it again if I want better scores ? Or I should wait 5 years until the validity expires?

Members don't see this ad.

the test is pass/fail
I know but there are some percents you need to score to be accepted in the chosen univesity and my question is can I do the exam again to get higher percent if I do not want my first scores from the exam because I want higher

Members don't see this ad :)
I know but there are some percents you need to score to be accepted in the chosen univesity and my question is can I do the exam again to get higher percent if I do not want my first scores from the exam because I want higher
u are not told ur scores; just pass/ fail

and how do the universities rank the applicants ?? by the toefl scores ???
US universities do not choose candidates only based on exam scores. They know, that often people do mindless memorizing and after fail during IDP because it demands analytical abilities. At the same time they want to find a nice person, with good attitude, personality and heart.
They look for a student with a great potential to graduate
Ranking is still possible by GPA and TOEFL scores and number of attempts it took you to pass NBDE

US universities do not choose candidates only based on exam scores. They know, that often people do mindless memorizing and after fail during IDP because it demands analytical abilities. At the same time they want to find a nice person, with good attitude, personality and heart.
They look for a student with a great potential to graduate
Ranking is still possible by GPA and TOEFL scores and number of attempts it took you to pass NBDE
and does the INBDE will be pass/fail ? and also what is the average GPA i need to be calm ?

Last edited:
I have no information on INBDE.
You can never be calm, because even with 4.0 you may be lacking in recommendation letters or community service. Or CE credits or something else another candidate is having and you don't
Your hand skills during bench test and your interviewing ability may also play a role

I have no information on INBDE.
You can never be calm, because even with 4.0 you may be lacking in recommendation letters or community service. Or CE credits or something else another candidate is having and you don't
Your hand skills during bench test and your interviewing ability may also play a role
and the GPA are the marks from my high school or from my university for dentistry in which i am studing now for degree in my country ? And can I calculate my GPA from here - Scholaro GPA Calculator

Last edited:
It is your dental school GPA. You can find out how it is calculated by contacting ECE or WES

Hi Friends,
Can I have an opinion from everyone?
How should I study for NBDE part 2 after 3 fail attempts? I cleared my part 1 in the first attempt have MPH from the USA. I want to apply into DMD program but I'm so heartbroken after my result.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Hi Friends,
Can I have an opinion from everyone?
How should I study for NBDE part 2 after 3 fail attempts? I cleared my part 1 in the first attempt have MPH from the USA. I want to apply into DMD program but I'm so heartbroken after my result.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!
The International DMD is for somebody who is competitive.
You can ask yourself first, are you among the best of your counterparts so that you can enter a public institution and graduate with a good looking gpa? (I say so because, in some countries, students can enter a dental school just because their parents are willing to pay a tuition of 3000 USD~ 5000USD a year for their children to have a "DECENT" job)
If you are Ad com members, then how would you view anyone with several attempts in Part 2 ??? Will you believe this guy would graduate successfully from the program so that the dental school will not lose money for giving him the seat???

Perhaps, your dream seems not to be realistic at the first place.

You can still take another attempt in the P2 and you may finally pass it. Then you gonna apply and apply...... and why don't you accept the reality much earlier and be a GOOD DENTIST in your home country?

Anyway, I sincerely wish you could slap my face someday by proving yourself. Good luck, buddy!

The International DMD is for somebody who is competitive.
You can ask yourself first, are you among the best of your counterparts so that you can enter a public institution and graduate with a good looking gpa? (I say so because, in some countries, students can enter a dental school just because their parents are willing to pay a tuition of 3000 USD~ 5000USD a year for their children to have a "DECENT" job)
If you are Ad com members, then how would you view anyone with several attempts in Part 2 ??? Will you believe this guy would graduate successfully from the program so that the dental school will not lose money for giving him the seat???

Perhaps, your dream seems not to be realistic at the first place.

You can still take another attempt in the P2 and you may finally pass it. Then you gonna apply and apply...... and why don't you accept the reality much earlier and be a GOOD DENTIST in your home country?

Anyway, I sincerely wish you could slap my face someday by proving yourself. Good luck, buddy!
Thank you for your message buddy. Good Luck to you too!!

It is your dental school GPA. You can find out how it is calculated by contacting ECE or WES
And could you tell me from where can I convert my grades from my home country(Bulgaria) to the US grading system and then calculate my GPA more accurate? Because in my country we use grades from “2” to “6”.... not letters like in us from “F” to “A”?
Thanks in advance!

The highest is A and the lowest is F. Combine all letter grades and divide into the number of them.
Better yet submit to ECE assessment