NBDE I Scoring...75 overall?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SxyDentalDiva

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings future doctors!

I have two questions: a) Is the passing score for Part I a 75% overall or must one get a 75% in each section b) Is Part I "curved" based on the performance of others taking the test with me.

ADA claims that NBDE I is not curved but there is a "standard score." If the replies can provide a link to support their answer that would be awesome!

Members don't see this ad.

Greetings future doctors!

I have two questions: a) Is the passing score for Part I a 75% overall or must one get a 75% in each section b) Is Part I "curved" based on the performance of others taking the test with me.

ADA claims that NBDE I is not curved but there is a "standard score." If the replies can provide a link to support their answer that would be awesome!

Same queries here too man!
Our request to replies get us out of this!

You don't need to score above 75 in all (or even any section) to get 75 overall. I know people and have seen their scores all below 75 with an overall score of above 75 in the end. I believe a raw score of 240-250 out of 400 will put you in the ball park of passing or at least this was the case last year before the pass/fail started. I scored a 250 raw score out of 400, and got a 77 (a pass), and I had some scores below 75 in some sections (when they were scaled to percentile), but still passed. Hope this helps.