nbde part 1 application doubt......pls help URGENT!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saburi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!! Friends

Im in the process of filling out the application form for nbde part.when i start the process on line the first frame appears as;

Indicate your current status
1. Dental Student in an accredited U.S. or Canadian Dental School
2.Dental Student in a non-accredited Dental School
3.Dentist (DDS or DMD from an accredited US or Canadian Dental School)
4.Dentist (graduate of a non-accredited Dental School)
5.Former Dental Student in an accredited Dental School

since i'm a dentist from india,i marked the 4th option then when i get to the next frame this is what i see:

Eligibility Requirements for Dentist (graduate of a non-accredited Dental School)
A dentist who is an active, life or retired member of the American Dental Association is eligible for examination without documentation.

An affiliate member or a non-member must submit with the application verification that he or she is a dentist. Such verification must be in the form of a letter of recommendation from one of the following:

1.The secretary of a board of dentistry of a United States licensing jurisdiction in which the individual is licensed or eligible for licensure as a dentist.

2.The dean or registrar of an accredited dental school from which the dentist has graduated. Graduates of non-accredited schools must have evidence of graduation verified and submitted as described under the Documentation section of the Candidate Guide

3.The dean, director or registrar of an accredited advanced dental education program in which the dentist studied or is studying at the postgraduate level.

4.The dean of a dental school that is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation to which the dentist is applying for admission with advanced standing. (This establishes eligibility for Part I only.)

so do i need to get any letter of recommendation or getting me credentials evaluated by ECE is enough "Graduates of non-accredited schools must have evidence of graduation verified and submitted as described under the Documentation section of the Candidate Guide " coz that what i understand from the second option,pls help im really confused

thanks for ur time...........

Members don't see this ad.

your ECE evaluation is sufficient as documentation of proof of graduation from a foriegn non acredited school.This is what most if not all use for the board eligibility.I hope that helps if you still have questions you can reply this post.

Hi................
i would like to ask about the time that needed to process of the application form of NBDE/part1?
what about the approval letter, if they sent by mail or email?
thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
they send you a regular mail, but you can call them and ask your registration number. the time to process is about two - three weeks.
hope this helps!

"2.Dental Student in a non-accredited Dental School"
I want to know something more about this, anyone can help me ? how to finish the Eligibility evaluation? just send eligibility form to the address they give us? needn't extra fee?
help me plz

you need to download a form demonstrating your are a dental student from a non-accredited Dental School, and ask the dean to sign it. Then mail it to ada. Pay the fee. That is all, it is pretty simple, good luck!

you need to download a form demonstrating your are a dental student from a non-accredited Dental School, and ask the dean to sign it. Then mail it to ada. Pay the fee. That is all, it is pretty simple, good luck!
the fee mean the fee for NBDE only? or the fee for the evaluation? cuz there is no sign about pay for the this kind evaluation.......but I am not sure wheather it's free...and if need to pay, I know NBDE can be paid online, but how can I pay for these kind? send it on the same mail??