NBDE Part 1 - Dental Decks & Study Materials - Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fireblast713

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I'm starting to look into taking the NBDE Part 1 examination in August. And I had a few questions for those of you who had already taken the exam. First I was curious what materials you guys used and which you found most helpful, I read through some of the threads on the forum and got a lot of mixed reviews as far as materials go. From what I can make of it Dental Decks are a must, some people liked first aid, and others supplemented with textbooks. If you could mention what you studied and what helped the most I'd appreciate it.

Secondly I'm curious about how important it is to purchase the latest Dental Decks, being a poor dental student I was thinking about picking up an older edition, I'll be taking the exam in August 2009 and I was going to use the 2006-2007 dental decks. Is that ok? Or do they change a lot of the material in between years? Should I spend the $$$ for the 2009-2010 decks? Anyways any info or advice you guys could provide would be appreciated, thanks and goodluck on your exams :)

Members don't see this ad.