NBDE PART 1-->First time taker, requesting some information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navneetdh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
m

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am starting my prep for NBDE part 1. I am a full time student so I decided to start a bit early and hopefully dedicate time studying off and on through the school year and during breaks.

I don't know much about this test and I was wondering if anyone could provide me some basic info.

1. how many sections does the test have?
2 sections in total with a break in between. each section has 200 questions and the max time for each section is 3.5 hours. total of 400 questions in the entire test with roughly 10 % questions will be testlet based.

2. how many questions should I expect --breakdown by topic?
400 questions total. Refer http://www.ada.org/sections/educationAndCareers/pdfs/nbde01_examinee_guide.pdf ((for distribution by topic , esp pg 34-35))

3. What sources are essential for studying and what can I use as extra reference material?
4. Where and how do I start? Like which book should I start with?
You will see infinite links answering these two questions in the same thread.

5. Are there practice tests and old tests available and if so where can I find them?
Yes, the most authentic of them are the ASDA past papers, available online at http://68.20.243.219/asda/members_online/members/createorder.asp?action=start&token= (( or get it from your friends /ebay/ amazon if you dont want to shell those many bucks))

6. I have heard something about kaplan notes--can anyone tell me what it is and how useful and how can I purchase it.
KAplan notes are good books but extensive in content. Read them in the beginning if you have time, to get a fair idea of the material. Towards the end, refer to other concise materials to save time and be exam oriented. Available at ebay/ amazon etc.

Thanks a lot and good luck to all those who are taking it soon.[/QUOTE]