NBDE Part 1 One Month to study!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdm2018

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm taking the NBDE part 1 in about a month. I havent really started studying. I have the dental decks, kaplan dent essentials, first aid, mastery app, mosbys, and board busters. Theres def no way I have time to go thru all of them but could you guys tell me which I should def read/do within the month. Also between kaplan dent essentials and first aid which would be better to read fully? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I went through the decks once and was fine. That being said, I go to Nebraska and we take boards after D1 year, so all of it was fresh in my brain.

I went through decks once and was fine as well. We take our boards in August after D2 year. Most of it was not fresh in my brain at all, and mostly forgotten, when I started studying. The only thing that was fresh was pathology.

Members don't see this ad :)
awesome, do u guys have any suggestions for what subject what book/resource to use for example i heard the decks were not good for anatomy?

I only studied from the decks, started a month before the exam, - I feel like they are great to refresh stuff that you already forgot. I took it after D2, and I only did the decks. Also I concentrated on dental anatomy (it is much easier for me than biochemistry), and only briefly went through biochem. Concentrate on your strong sides to get more points that way.
So do the decks, and a week before the exam start doing some real test questions to prepare yourself for the format. People say first aid was good too, but I didn't use it.

Agree about studying strategically - focus on your strong areas and the high yield subjects first. I did dental mastery app + previously-released practice tests/questions. I thought Dental Mastery was kind of fun and made studying much more palatable. The answer explanations also give just enough info/detail - not too much to be overwhelming/get bogged down in (*cough* decks), but enough to be helpful. I *think* they might have been harder than decks too, and seemed to be more similar to the exam questions difficulty-wise. I gave up on decks pretty early after a few paltry attempts though, so I could be wrong. If I were to do it again, I would do more practice tests for stamina + just to get exposure to the style of questions.

great, i have dental mastery app, went thru a couple of questions and thought it was difficult but ill keep doin them on the side

great, i have dental mastery app, went thru a couple of questions and thought it was difficult but ill keep doin them on the side

Hi friends,

I hope you are studying well for the dental exams!

I am planning for part 1 NBDE asap and looking for serious study partner

I have completed decks,Kaplan and other materials in the past but want to do them again as I had break in my studies due to family issues.

I am looking for motivated sp who is regular and consistent.

I live in Houston,Tx but from India.

Only serious persons reply me here or can call me @ 832-647-3963

Please ignore this message if you already got a right sp

Thank you!

happy studying!

I studied for about a week, went through decks once and watch a few anatomy and dental anatomy YouTube videos. Did just fine

I studied for about a week, went through decks once and watch a few anatomy and dental anatomy YouTube videos. Did just fine
Wow, may I ask how fresh the subjects were on your mind then? Did you just finish Dent2 that time you took the exam?