NBDE Part 1 quick question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

me.123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a dental student and I am required to take my part 1 boards by January 16. For any recent grad or anyone who remembers, I was wondering if Dental Decks is sufficient to pass the boards? I also bought the Mastery app and want to buy old practice exams.

(I bought First Aid and looked through it and there is an overwhelming amount of stuff in there which I don't have time for, which is why I ask if Dental Decks is sufficient. I heard Decks are also quite dense by themselves. I still have school stuff to finish next week so I won't be able to start studying until later).

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I went through the decks once and passed. Lots of my classmates recommended the mastery app.

Last edited:
Stick to one or two study methods and stay consistent with them. Don’t spread yourself too thin and if you maximize on a solid couple resources you’ll be good.

I did Dental decks and the mastery app in between looking at decks or first aid. The decks are helpful because it thoroughly explains the right and wrongs answers.

Good Luck!!!