NBDE part I - American dental students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NotPennysBoat

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was hoping some American dental students could give me some inspiration for part I of boards. I'm only giving myself 3 weeks to study because I heard it would be enough, but I feel like I'm not learning many details when going through the decks. Tell me I'll be fine!!
 
And nothing against foreigners, but I've noticed that the ESL dentists that frequent this thread are talking about going through decks 3 times and studying for 4 months.
 
I was hoping some American dental students could give me some inspiration for part I of boards. I'm only giving myself 3 weeks to study because I heard it would be enough, but I feel like I'm not learning many details when going through the decks. Tell me I'll be fine!!

3 weeks is plenty of time. I studied for a little less than 2 weeks, about 7 hrs a day and passed. Tough exam, but you should be fine
 
I've heard from upperclassmen that you only need 2-3 weeks of studying, doing decks and released exams and you will pass. Even though when you walk out of the exam, you think you failed. I hope everyone is right-- I'm taking NBDE part I in two days! I'll let you know if it's true 🙂