NBDE part I question, help

Started by neptune09
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

neptune09

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From a proximal view, which of the following permenent teeth tends to be positioned in the arch with its axis most nearly verticle?
A. Maxillary Canine
B. Mandibular central incisor.

I think it should be B, am I right?
 
From a proximal view, which of the following permenent teeth tends to be positioned in the arch with its axis most nearly verticle?
A. Maxillary Canine
B. Mandibular central incisor.

I think it should be B, am I right?


That is correct. from the proximal view, the canine is slightly off-center with its crown tilted facially and its root (in the maxilla) tilted lingually.

From a facial view the crown is slightly mesial while the root is tilted distally in the bone.