NBDE Part2 Study Log for Sept/Oct/Nov 2011 Takers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2Dream

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw a study log for the part 1 and thought that was a great idea.
I am planning to take the part 2 at the end of October
But, it is really hard to keep up with my study schedule at the end of clinic everyday. Maybe this will help me to study. :D

I just want to pass safely (above 80)
Anyone wants to join me with this study log?
We can write what we study each day and ask questions to each other.

Here are some materials I will be studying from:

1. Mosby
2. Board Buster along with Decks
3. Kaplan Q bank and lecture notes
4. Old tests

Members don't see this ad.

Ninety, Thanks for joining me. :)

What are you studying now?
I am planning to study Pharm from Kaplan book tonight.

I guess we can start putting what we accomplished, what we plan to study, and any questions we have each day.

hi, i wana join yu all too:D. so far i studied 1st 3 chapters from kaplan... i have 1st aid, dental decks & asda papers but havn't touched 'em yet....im plannin to take my nbde part 2 on 1st week of nov 2011.

Members don't see this ad :)
dentistpulse & drpia,

I am glad you joined. I plan to finish Kaplan book & do some Qbank questions as I go then move onto Mosby or Boardbuster book.

Dentistpulose, I did the first three chapters of kaplan and moved onto Chapter 11: Pharm because it is my weakest subject. Hopefully I can finish going through it this weekend.

Drpia, I can only study about 3 hours a day. I plan to put more time as I go.

Let'e try to come in and check upon how others are doing once a day.:)

2Dream

I have finished endo/prostho/oral medicine/pedo and now in perio

I am only using decks, planning to do pharma from Tufts and Behavioral from Mosby

what about you guys?

count me in guys, I've gone over endo/operative/os so far. Been using Mosby's and dental decks. Is it just me or does Mosby's leave out A LOT of information?

I have done endo/operative/pedo/pt management/public health but not in enough details. I am still on pharmacology from last Friday. I also heard about Tufts pharmacology has a great review.

2Dream

I have finished endo/prostho/oral medicine/pedo and now in perio

I am only using decks, planning to do pharma from Tufts and Behavioral from Mosby

what about you guys?

I liked Mosby's endo but it seemed like other subjects were not in details but there are still a lot of information with Mosby. I don't know how much I can take in and remember. The outlines of Mosby in each subject seem to follow the ADA NBDE II subject outlines/topics in 2011 application booklet. I guess if you study Mosby you at least go through all the topics that should be on the part 2.
I am glad you joined us. Good luck!

count me in guys, I've gone over endo/operative/os so far. Been using Mosby's and dental decks. Is it just me or does Mosby's leave out A LOT of information?

What are you studying now? How do you study? I am struggling to stay up late to study. I've been just reading kaplan book on pharmacology since last Friday.

2Dream

hi i also want to join you all.giving the exam in ist week of nov.

Hi,
I am planning to take part 2 in 2 mnths.Any female who is done with reading once and looking for a serious revision partner , pls. send me message.Thankyou.

im planning to give part 2 in nov mid.not yet started.can any1 tell me wat alll the materials we need to pass it would be more helpful....i hav very less time...planning to do only decks and q-paper..is it sufficent?

Members don't see this ad :)
im planning to give part 2 in nov mid.not yet started.can any1 tell me wat alll the materials we need to pass it would be more helpful....i hav very less time...planning to do only decks and q-paper..is it sufficent?

I heard Mosby is the most helpful review book but still not sufficient enough.
You may be ok since you are planning to do decks and q-paper (I don't know what this is...do you mean old tests?).

Good luck!

I heard Mosby is the most helpful review book but still not sufficient enough.
You may be ok since you are planning to do decks and q-paper (I don't know what this is...do you mean old tests?).

Good luck!

ya i meant the asda papers if available like part 1.so other than mosby wat other materials do we need.thanks for ur response.

ya i meant the asda papers if available like part 1.so other than mosby wat other materials do we need.thanks for ur response.

I am using kaplan lecture notes and Qbank. I also have board buster book.
If you have time and money..Qbank or Board buster seem to be helpful.

I have been doing about 25 -30 Questions from Kaplan Qbank to see how I am progressing after I read Kaplan or Mosby book. It's not good at all. I am scoring only 50-65% overall. Do you have suggestions how I can improve my scores?

I guess I have a long way to go. I will keep reviewing, do more questions and re-review the ones I missed. :(

How is everyone doing?

I am using kaplan lecture notes and Qbank. I also have board buster book.
If you have time and money..Qbank or Board buster seem to be helpful.

ok...let me first get decks and mosby ...thn depending on time i`ll see the rest
thank u so much for ur response

I am also preparing for part 2 and i am scoring nearly 70 percent in every asda paper. Can anyone help is the score enough to get a good score or else how much am i suppose to score on asda to score in 80's in the actual exam. Please help.

Thanks

Hey guys, am new to this forum & would like to join u all ; planning to take the boards in late oct. Starting with pharmac today, will be doing it with decks first. Btw, how are you finding kaplan Q bank ? Does it has the case studies as well or has only the discipline based ques ? A response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Please contact me if you need any NBDE II study materials. I have the official kaplan course book, the decks, pharm cards, and the entire set of old exam booklets from the ADA. first come, first served guys.

hey guys hi....even i'm taking my part 2 exam in oct 1st wk,How reliable is the crack ndbe exam ?????coz in asda papres i'm getting 80% and in the crack ndbe exam my score is 60%.the questions were really tough ..plz help.:confused:

Hey guys, am new to this forum & would like to join u all ; planning to take the boards in late oct. Starting with pharmac today, will be doing it with decks first. Btw, how are you finding kaplan Q bank ? Does it has the case studies as well or has only the discipline based ques ? A response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey, Toothfairy29

I hope your studying is going well.
I am using kaplan Qbank. It has the case studies and questions categorized in each subjects.

I just logged in and looked how many questions in each categories:
Cases has 200 Qs, Endo 60 Qs, Operative 156 Qs, OS/PC 50 Qs, OP/Rad 69 Qs, Ortho/Pedo 48 Qs, Pt management 105 Qs, Perio 40 Qs, Pharm 157 Qs, Prosth 79Qs

You can select and mix the disciplines and create short tests. I think the best thing to do is, review whatever you have (decks, mosby, or board buster)...and do the Kaplan Q bank for 1 month to review, check your progress, and find your weak areas.

My friend used it 2 years ago. She said her score on Kaplan Q bank was the same as what she got on her real exam.

I hope this helps. Good luck!:luck:

hi guys i'm starting part 2 studies with mosby...
4m sep 10-12 onwards. anybody wants to do combined study over skype or gtalk. pm me.

i feel combined study is really imp guys. just given part 1. so feel thats the best way to go about it. no fooling around.:thumbup:

Hey, Toothfairy29

I am using kaplan Qbank. It has the case studies and questions categorized in each subjects.

Cases has 200 Qs, Endo 60 Qs, Operative 156 Qs, OS/PC 50 Qs, OP/Rad 69 Qs, Ortho/Pedo 48 Qs, Pt management 105 Qs, Perio 40 Qs, Pharm 157 Qs, Prosth 79Qs

You can select and mix the disciplines and create short tests. I think the best thing to do is, review whatever you have (decks, mosby, or board buster)...and do the Kaplan Q bank for 1 month to review, check your progress, and find your weak areas.

My friend used it 2 years ago. She said her score on Kaplan Q bank was the same as what she got on her real exam.

I hope this helps. Good luck!:luck:

Hey 2Dream,
Thanks a lot for the response. I think I will be enrolling for it. How are your studies going? Am doing Endo right now, hopefully will be done by tomorrow. What about you?

I am doing now Pharmacology from Mosby, since Decks seem to be too much and I dont have much time (plus Pharma accounts for about 30 Qs)

Do you guys think that Mosby is enough to get a Pass score in surgery and pharma?

Hey 2Dream,
Thanks a lot for the response. I think I will be enrolling for it. How are your studies going? Am doing Endo right now, hopefully will be done by tomorrow. What about you?

I am mainly doing Kaplan Qbank now because I only have about 2 weeks left with it. I hope to finish all the questions before. I plan to read the Board buster book next starting with my weakest subject first.

I hope you are done with your endo by now. :)

I am doing now Pharmacology from Mosby, since Decks seem to be too much and I dont have much time (plus Pharma accounts for about 30 Qs)

Do you guys think that Mosby is enough to get a Pass score in surgery and pharma?

I think if you can remember everything in Pharm and Surgery from Mosby and you've been doing well in clinic, you can do more than passing. :)
My problem is I can't remember much after I read once. :( and I am running out of time, too. :eek: Good luck!!

hey i am interested in a study partner.I am already done with decks,old papers and kaplan qbank and first aid.I am reading mosby right now. i am plannin to give my exam in mid nov.reply if interested.

Hey, Toothfairy29

I was going through the kaplan question bank and i had came across the answer that is confusing
what is most imp in shade selection?
hue
chroma
value
intensity?
and by kaplan is hue
while in decks as well as old papers it is value.what is the right ans?

hi Calident

I hope you're successfully completed part 2 exam..Do you have old ASDA questions (A to H) for part 2? I'm planning to give exam in Dec..Thx

Hi everyone! Good luck to all of you! I am planning to take NBDE 2 myself soon. Haven't decided when though. I was hoping you guys can share how long you prepared for the test. And are you reviewing full time? I am currently working and I am considering quitting my job to focus on the review. Anyone, help?

Hi,

I saw ur post abt decks being a lot but believe i have the given the exam did same mistake and have to retake. it decks are very imp for every subject.The no. of ques in asda is arbitrary. my paper had 56 ques from pharma and 63 from pt managemnt so do decks well.. i wud suggest to conc on subject matter n not on no. of ques.

I am planing to take Summer 2012. Hope you don't mind I am joining with you all. I am just early start .. :)

I think if you can remember everything in Pharm and Surgery from Mosby and you've been doing well in clinic, you can do more than passing. :)
My problem is I can't remember much after I read once. :( and I am running out of time, too. :eek: Good luck!!

I did the 00-08 ASDA paper and shocked with my performance in Prosth and Pharma. I did Prosth from decks and I admit it is my weakness.

But Pharma is way difficult! I did it from Mosby and I don't think it is enough for passing. I will go through decks for text in Bold only to make things better.

I don't know whether I have to do Tuft's review. Also planning to do some kaplan Qs.

and regarding freaking out, yes I am in!

I did the 00-08 ASDA paper and shocked with my performance in Prosth and Pharma. I did Prosth from decks and I admit it is my weakness.

But Pharma is way difficult! I did it from Mosby and I don't think it is enough for passing. I will go through decks for text in Bold only to make things better.

I don't know whether I have to do Tuft's review. Also planning to do some kaplan Qs.

and regarding freaking out, yes I am in!
Hi Dear
I would ask if you gave you exam?
IF yes please tell us about your experience &what is the most useful reference to focus on
DO have ASDA book?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Hope everyone's studying is going well, I'm taking my exam in the middle of december. Just finishing up the second round of decks, and referring to Mosbys when I need to. I agree 00-08 exam is ridiculous, def a confidence breaker,for me at least lol, just have to keep at it and learn from the mistakes. Has anyone received their scores yet??

I agree with you 00-08 is a total confidence breaker, I am in middle of second round and did all ASDA except 93
planning to do kaplan and write exam in late Dec.