NBME 11 score as starting point

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gdl88

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took NBME 11 in order to have a baseline score and the result was 198. How is it? is it low or high?
I started studying 2 weeks ago and I'm taking step 1 in 6 months with a goal score of 240+.
What do you think? Do I have chances to get that score?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Don´t worry. Anything is possible in 6 month if you grind hard. develop a nice strategy. Everyone has a slightly different plan. Since your baseline is little low I would suggest that you start reading through First aid + USMLE RX, then once you have a good foundation go to either first Kaplan qbank or straight to Uworld.

Source I loved: Uworld, Pathoma, Sketchy Micro, FA and ANKI for all these things that you just can´t memorize ( Pharm, Protozoa, embryo, developmental stages of a child etc.)

Last thing: Don´t waste the NBMEs. Save 3 for the last 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
First i want to thank you.
I'm not a US student so my schedule is a little different and it is a little more difficult to study for the step.
I'm finishing the first pass of pathoma now and using the Lippincott's flashcards for micro. To be honest I'm not using first aid right now because I want to finish pathoma and the micro cards first but I will consider it more know.

For nbme, I took it because I had to know my baseline but, as you said, I'm saving them for the future.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Another question. How low is my score? I mean, I know that is pretty low but b/o I'm not an US student I don't have any other score to compare to mine. The ones I found on the web are those of who scored like 250/260 +.

Last edited: